Ski Patrol Coordinator TR0098
Job Summary: To oversee all Ski Patrol Staff, ensuring all staff are certified and meet Ski Patrol Standards.
Machines and Equipment Used: Ski, communications emergency rescue, ski lift and various office equipment, first aid kit.
District(s): North York District and Etobicoke & York District District map (pdf)
Wage: View wage rate chart (pdf)
- Oversees all Ski Patrol Staff, ensuring all staff are certified and meet Ski Patrol standards.
- Assumes the role of "Patrol Leader" as recognized by the Canadian Ski Patrol System.
- Oversees all Ski Patrol Staff to ensure they are adhering to the City of Toronto and the Canadian Ski Patrol System guidelines.
- Provides training/meetings pre-season and throughout the season to all Ski Patrol Staff.
- Ensures all documentation (i.e. Accident report forms, staff injury forms, incident reports, daily logs, etc.) has been filled out appropriately.
- Maintains and orders first aid supplies and materials.
- Approves staff shift changes.
- Assists with emergency procedures in the event of an accident or incident. Performs first aid. Ensures first aid is being administered effectively.
- Ensures the Alpine Responsibility Code standards are adhered to by participants and enforced by staff.
- Ensures manuals are up to date for Patrol staff.
- Oversees the safety of the participants and staff.
- Performs administrative tasks to support the program.
- Takes action to deal with incidents, problems and emergencies and comply with Divisional policies and procedures.
- Interacts with participants, staff, spectators and community members.
- Attends and participates in meetings and training sessions.
- Current certification with the Canadian Ski Patrol System.
- Previous experience volunteering or working with the Canadian Ski Patrol System.
- Experience using current office technology and other computer applications relevant to the position.
- Must produce original current Standard First Aid and Cardio-Pulmonary Resuscitation certifications as recognized by the WSIB.
- Current AED certification.
- Knowledge of policies, procedures, and protocols for both City of Toronto and the Canadian Ski Patrol System.
- You must possess certification in Parks and Recreation Ontario's Principles of Healthy Child Development (PHCD). Applicants who meet all other qualifications and obtain a conditional job offer will be advised of PHCD course offerings in order to meet this qualification.