Specialty Ski/Snowboard Program Coordinator TR0099
Job Summary: To oversee the instructional operation of the Specialty Snow School lessons/programs.
Machines and Equipment Used: Ski, communications, recreation and various office equipment, first aid kit.
District(s): North York Only: York Ski Centre, Centennial Park Ski Centre District map (pdf)
Wage: View wage rate chart (pdf)
- Oversees the operation of the Snow School Speciality Programs and instructional staff.
- Assists in interviewing, hiring, training, directing and evaluating instructional staff.
- Schedules staff.
- Ensures lessons are operating as scheduled.
- Monitors and oversees speciality instructors and programs.
- Prepares training manuals for staff.
- Conducts annual staff evaluations for On-Snow Coordinators.
- Ensures the safety of staff and participants.
- Interacts with participants, staff, spectators and community members to provide program information.
- Works with other staff including Ski Park Coordinator for freestyle training sessions.
- Ensures that all administrative tasks are completed by instructional staff.
- Assist in ensuring that Divisional policies and procedures are adhered to by staff, participants and the public.
- Takes action to deal with incidents, problems and emergencies and comply with divisional policies and procedures.
- Attends and participates in meeting and training sessions.
- Ensures staff follow the principles of Healthy Child Development (HIGH FIVE®) in the planning and delivery of programs.
- Previous work experience with a ski school.
- Previous instructional supervision experience in the industry.
- Proficiency with Corporate Computer Applications.
- CSIA/CASI certification or equivalent.
- Secondary ski/snowboard certification within first year of position.
- Must produce original current Standard First Aid and Cardio-Pulmonary Resuscitation certifications as recognized by the WSIB.
- Current AED certification.
- You must possess certification in Parks and Recreation Ontario's Principles of Healthy Child Development (PHCD). Applicants who meet all other qualifications and obtain a conditional job offer will be advised of PHCD course offerings in order to meet this qualification.