Job Summary: To oversee the operation of all administrative aspects of the Snow Centre.
Machines and Equipment Used: Cash register, safe, Point of Sale, ski, communications, recreation and various office equipment, first aid kit.
District(s): North York District and Etobicoke York District District map (pdf)
Wage: View wage rate chart (pdf)
- Oversees the operation of all administrative aspects of the Snow Centre.
- Acts as key-holder (with alarm system code) for opening and closing facility.
- Assists in the recruitment, training, and direction of administrative staff.
- Organizes and prioritizes all administrative tasks related to ski centre operations.
- Oversees all aspects of CLASS pertaining to Ski and Snowboard Centre transactions (i.e. Registration, Membership and Point of Sale).
- Creates and maintains all forms, logs and manuals required for the operations of the Ski Centre.
- Set-ups and maintains all electronic and paper filing systems.
- Oversees Board of Education/Special Groups Coordinator tasks and priorities.
- Oversees combinations and use of Snow Centre safes.
- Communicates (by phone, fax, telephone and in person) with the public and deals with contentious issues.
- Prepares statistical information for Community Recreation Programmer (i.e. sales/budget, public attendance, market analysis, etc.).
- Acts as liaison between Ski Patrol staff and 911 Emergency Services in the event of staff/public accident, injury or emergency.
- Oversees lesson bookings for Ski Centre.
- Ensures programs are filled by calling waitlists.
- Assists with both before and after season procedures.
- Oversees the safety of the participants and staff.
- Performs administrative tasks to support the program.
- Takes action to deal with incidents, problems and emergencies and comply with Divisional policies and procedures.
- Interacts with participants, staff, spectators and community members.
- Attends and participates in meetings and training sessions.
- Ensures staff follow the principles of Healthy Child Development (HIGH FIVE®) in the planning and delivery of programs.
- Proficiency in use of current office technology and other computer applications relevant to the position. (i.e. CLASS Program Registration, Point of Sale, etc.)
- Must produce original current Standard First Aid and Cardio-Pulmonary Resuscitation certifications as recognized by the WSIB.
- Previous work experience in a ski school, administrative or management position.
- You must possess certification in Parks and Recreation Ontario's Principles of Healthy Child Development (PHCD). Applicants who meet all other qualifications and obtain a conditional job offer will be advised of PHCD course offerings in order to meet this qualification.