Snow School Coordinator TR0101
Job Summary: To oversee the instructional operation of the Snow School lessons/programs for the Ski Centre.
Machines and Equipment Used: Ski, communications recreation and various office equipment, first aid kit.
District(s): North York District and Etobicoke York District District map (pdf)
Wage: View wage rate chart (pdf)
- Oversees the instructional operation of the Snow School lessons/programs for the Ski Centre.
- Assists the full time staff with the overall operations of the Snow School.
- Coordinates all instructional ski programs and lessons.
- Assists in the selecting, training, directing, monitoring, overseeing and scheduling of part time staff.
- Coordinates all training courses for the season.
- Oversees the technical content.
- Ensures lessons are operating on schedule.
- Represents the City of Toronto at all industry related training/clinics.
- Ensures the provision of customer service.
- Plans and leads meetings for all Snow School Staff.
- Plans, develops, schedules and implements instructional ski programs.
- Performs administrative tasks to support the program.
- Takes action to deal with incidents, problems and emergencies and comply with Divisional policies and procedures.
- Interacts with participants, staff, spectators and community members to provide program information.
- Attends and participates in meetings and training sessions.
- Ensures staff follow the principles of Healthy Child Development (HIGH FIVE®) in the planning and delivery of programs.
- Canadian Ski Instructors' Alliance (CSIA), Canadian Association of Snowboard Instructors (CASI) certifications or equivalents. Note: Minimum Level 3 in one sport and Level 1 in the other required.
- Previous experience directing staff .
- Previous work experience with a ski school.
- Proficiency in use of current office technology and other computer applications relevant to the position.
- Must produce original current Standard First Aid and Cardio-Pulmonary Resuscitation certifications as recognized by the WSIB.
- You must possess certification in Parks and Recreation Ontario's Principles of Healthy Child Development (PHCD). Applicants who meet all other qualifications and obtain a conditional job offer will be advised of PHCD course offerings in order to meet this qualification.