Each summer we search for Toronto’s most beautiful gardens in multiple categories. Hundreds of Toronto neighbourhood gardens are nominated for a chance to win prizes.
How to nominate
The nomination deadline is July 16, 2019.
- Fill out the nomination form
- Send it in! There are two ways:
- Email to: email@example.com
- Mail to: Patricia Landry
18 Dyas Rd. Main Floor
Toronto, ON M3B 1V5
All gardens must be visible to the public.
- Residential – Traditional may have some lawn
- Residential – Environmental/Pollinator Habitat, must have little/no lawn and are environmental/alternative gardens
- High-Density Residential, like condos and apartments
- Commercial, like non-residential businesses
- Community, like schools and churches
- selection and arrangement of plants, trees and shrubs
- design of traffic flow
- use of driveway paving and walkways
- use of stones, rocks, statuary, containers
- walls, fencing and water features
Condition and Maintenance
- cleanliness of garden and area
- free from disease and weeds
- good garden practices
- suitable ground cover
Use of Plant Material
- spacing and balance
- appropriate use of perennials and/or native species
- use of colour and texture
Prizes included Mark Cullen’s Mark’s Choice gardening supplies from Home Hardware and the winning gardens were recognized at an awards ceremony.