Protecting your privacy is top priority for the City of Toronto. You are seeing this alert because your web browser needs to be updated to access content on toronto.ca. You will need to download and install a more recent version of your web browser to use our website.
Help us find Toronto’s most beautiful gardens! Nominate your garden, a neighbour’s garden or any garden within Toronto. Prizes include Mark Cullen’s Mark’s Choice gardening supplies from Home Hardware and the winning gardens will be recognized at awards ceremonies.
How to nominate
Download the entry form! Entries must include a photo of the garden!
You can also pick up entry forms at your local community centre, garden centre or civic centre.
July 9, 2018 is the deadline for entries.
- Email forms to Patricia.Landry@toronto.ca or
- Mail entries to:
Patricia Landry – Garden Contest
18 Dyas Rd., Main Floor
Toronto, ON M3B 1V5
All gardens must be visible to the public.
Residential – Traditional may have some lawn.
Residential – Environmental/Pollinator Habitat have little or no lawn and are environmental/alternative gardens.
High Density Residential, such as condos and apartments.
Commercial, such as non-residential businesses.
Community, such as schools and churches.
- selection and arrangement of plants, trees and shrubs
- design of traffic flow
- use of driveway paving and walkways
- use of stones, rocks, statuary, containers
- walls, fencing and water features
Condition and Maintenance
- cleanliness of garden and area
- free from disease and weeds
- good garden practices
- suitable ground cover
Use of Plant Material
- spacing and balance
- appropriate use of perennials and/or native species
- use of colour and texture