Each summer we search for Toronto’s most beautiful gardens in multiple categories. Hundreds of Toronto neighbourhood gardens are nominated for a chance to win prizes. This year, prizes include Mark Cullen’s Mark’s Choice gardening supplies from Home Hardware and the winning gardens will be recognized at upcoming awards ceremonies.
How to nominate
July 20, 2018 was the deadline for entries. Nominations are closed.
All gardens must be visible to the public.
Residential – Traditional may have some lawn.
Residential – Environmental/Pollinator Habitat have little or no lawn and are environmental/alternative gardens.
High Density Residential, such as condos and apartments.
Commercial, such as non-residential businesses.
Community, such as schools and churches.
- selection and arrangement of plants, trees and shrubs
- design of traffic flow
- use of driveway paving and walkways
- use of stones, rocks, statuary, containers
- walls, fencing and water features
Condition and Maintenance
- cleanliness of garden and area
- free from disease and weeds
- good garden practices
- suitable ground cover
Use of Plant Material
- spacing and balance
- appropriate use of perennials and/or native species
- use of colour and texture