The 2019 Toronto Challenge takes place Sunday, June 9
Open to all ages and abilities, the Toronto Challenge, presented by MonsterMortgage.ca, is a 5k chip-timed run, 5k walk or a 1k fun walk to raise awareness and funds for organizations that are improving the quality of life for seniors in your community.
Registration and Pledge Forms
Please note that only CASH will be accepted during race-day registration.
|Adults (15-64)||$20 ($25 on race day)|
|Children (14 and under)||$10|
|Person with disability||$10|
|5k Run Team Challenge (Team of 4)||$70|
|Family (2 adults + 2 children or 1 adult + 3 children)||$40|
Register online through Running Room.
Register by Mail
Complete the registration form and mail it along with a cheque or money order to:
365 Bloor St. East
Drop off registration form and fee at select Running Room stores below:
Downtown Yonge – 53 Yonge St.;
Rosedale – 1087 Yonge St.;
TD Centre – 66 Wellington St. W. or
Yonge Street – 2629 Yonge St.
All funds raised goes directly to the organization you are supporting. Money collected and pledge forms should be submitted directly to the agency or home you are sponsoring within a week of the event for a tax receipt.
2019 Course Description
University Avenue at Armoury Street. Travel north on University Avenue.
Turn around at Elm St., walk south on University Ave (Northbound side) via sidewalks and University Ave. to just south of Armoury Street – walk east on pathway between Court House to finish line on Nathan Phillips Square.
Continue north on University Avenue in the northbound lanes, go north on Queens Park Crescent West, around Queens Park to Queens Park Crescent East to Wellesley Street. Go east on Wellesley Street to Bay Street, travel south on Bay Street to Adelaide Street West. Travel west on Adelaide Street West to University Avenue. Travel north on University Avenue to just south of Armoury Street and go east on pathway between Court House to finish line on Nathan Phillips Square.
Additional Event Information
Race Kit Pick-up
If you are pre-registered, you can pick up your race-kit
- Friday, June 7th from noon – 7:00 pm
- Saturday, June 8th from 10:00 am- 4:00 pm
- High Park Running Room, 2100 Bloor Street West, Unit 3
- Sunday, June 9th from 7:30 – 9:15 a.m.
- Toronto City Hall, 100 Queen Street West
Free baggage check is available inside Toronto City Hall. All items must be picked up by 11:00 a.m.
The first 200 cars get to park for free at City Hall! Be sure to enter off of Bay Street, enter the ‘Reserved Lot’ and arrive before 9 a.m. Note: Cars will not be able to exit the garage until the race is over, which is approximately 11 a.m.
Once free parking has reached capacity, Green P Parking (fees apply) is available at the same entrance on Bay Street.
7:30 a.m – 9:00 a.m. – Race-day registrations
7:30 a.m. – 9:15 a.m. – Pre-registered race kit pick-up (T-shirt & race bib)
8:45 a.m. – Opening Announcements (Stage)
9:00 a.m. – Aerobic Warm-up
9:15 a.m. – Participants move to start line on University Avenue (at Armoury Street)
9:30 a.m. – MonsterMortgage.ca 5K Run starts
9:35 a.m. – Medical Pharmacies 5K Walk and Cupe Local 79 1K walk starts
10:30 a.m. – Award ceremony
Other Event Highlights
- Single loop, marshalled paved course – each kilometer marked
- Commemorative t-shirt (while supplies last)
- Low-impact aerobic warm-up
- Free post-race refreshments for participants
- Post-race awards
- Stilt walker
Race Results and Awards
2018 Toronto Challenge Results
Youngest and Oldest Participants (Pre-registered):
|1k walk||Connor Chan, 2 years||Evelyn Rabkin, 100 years old|
|5k walk||Aiden Joseph, 1 year||Isher Kaur Kairon, 106 years old|
|5k run||Jonathan Tait, 6 years||Balbir Kaur Jassal, 83 Years|
- Plaques will be awarded to the overall 1st, 2nd and 3rd place Male and Female runners in the MonsterMortgage.ca 5k run
- Medals are awarded to the 1st, 2nd and 3rd place male and female runners in nine age categories
- 10 years and younger
- 11 – 14 years
- 15 – 19 years
- 20 – 29 years
- 30 – 39 years
- 40 – 49 years
- 50 – 59 years
- 60 – 69 years
- 70 years and older
- Special awards will be presented to the oldest and youngest participants in the MonsterMortgage.ca 5k run, the Medical Pharmacies 5k walk and the 1k fun walk
- All participants will receive a ribbon at the finish line
- Award presentations will take place on the stage in Nathan Phillips Square (100 Queen St. W.) beginning at approximately 10:30 a.m. on race day.
These organizations need your support. Help make the Toronto Challenge a successful fundraising event for seniors.
For involvement as a benefiting agency, please contact Tyrone Bernardo at 416-392-9392 or email Tyrone.Bernardo@toronto.ca
- Almise Co-operative Homes Inc.
- Aphasia Institute
- Applegrove Community Complex
- Bendale Acres
- Bernard Betel Centre
- Carefree Lodge
- Caring Clowns (Ryerson University)
- Castleview Wychwood Towers
- Central Eglinton Community Centre
- Centre for Opportunities, Respect and Empowerment (CORE)
- Copernicus Lodge
- Cummer Lodge
- Dixon Hall Neighbourhood Services
- East York Meals on Wheels
- ESS Support Services
- Harmonize for Speech Fund
- Fudger House
- Harmony Hall Centre For Seniors
- Helene Tremblay Lavoie Foundation
- Humber Community Seniors’ Services Inc.
- Japanese Social Services
- Kipling Acres
- Labdara Lithuanian Nursing Home
- Lakeshore Lodge
- Les Centres D’Accueil Heritage
- PAL-Reading Services
- Reconnect Community Health Services
- Rexdale Women’s Centre
- Second Mile Club
- Seven Oaks
- Society of Sharing
- SPRINT Senior Care
- Sri-Lankan Ex-Tamil Police Officers’ Club Canada
- St. Matthew’s Bracondale House
- Sunshine Centres For Seniors
- Surex Community Services
- Syme 55+ CentreToronto
- The Neighbourhood Group
- Toronto Council on Aging
- True Davidson Acres
- Wesburn Manor
- West Scarborough Neighbourhood Seniors Club
- Yorkminster Park Meals on Wheels
Volunteers are essential in making the Toronto Challenge a fun and safe experience for all participants.There are several positions still available – water stations, route marshals, parking, finish line, & award ceremony.
If you are interested in volunteering for the event, please contact me at Tyrone.Bernardo@toronto.ca.
If you are interested in learning more about other volunteer opportunities, please visit: Long-Term Care Home Volunteer