The 2018 Toronto Challenge Takes Place on Sunday, June 10
Open to all ages and abilities, the Toronto Challenge, presented by MonsterMortgage.ca, is a 5k chip-timed run, 5k walk or a 1k fun walk to raise awareness and funds for organizations that are improving the quality of life for seniors in your community.
Registered participants receive a t-shirt and chance to win prizes awarded during the post-race ceremony in Nathan Phillips Square.
Please note that only CASH will be accepted during race-day registration.
|Adults (15-64)||$20 ($25 on race day)|
|Children (14 and under)||$10|
|Person with disability||$10|
|5k Run Team Challenge (Team of 4)||$70|
|Family (2 adults + 2 children or 1 adult + 3 children)||$40|
Registration is now closed.
All funds raised goes directly to the organization you are supporting. Money collected and pledge forms should be submitted directly to the agency or home you are sponsoring within a week of the event for a tax receipt.
2018 Course Description
University Avenue at Armoury Street. Travel north on University Avenue.
Turn around at Elm St., walk south on University Ave (Northbound side) via sidewalks and University Ave. to just south of Armoury Street – walk east on pathway between Court House to finish line on Nathan Phillips Square.
Continue north on University Avenue in the northbound lanes, go north on Queens Park Crescent West, around Queens Park to Queens Park Crescent East to Wellesley Street. Go east on Wellesley Street to Bay Street, travel south on Bay Street to Adelaide Street West. Travel west on Adelaide Street West to University Avenue. Travel north on University Avenue to just south of Armoury Street and go east on pathway between Court House to finish line on Nathan Phillips Square.
2018 Toronto Challenge Results
Youngest & Oldest Participants (Pre-registered):
|1k walk||Connor Chan, 2 years||Evelyn Rabkin, 100 years old|
|5k walk||Aiden Joseph, 1 year||Isher Kaur Kairon, 106 years old|
|5k run||Jonathan Tait, 6 years||Balbir Kaur Jassal, 83 Years|
- Register for different events
- MonsterMortgage.ca 5k run
- Medical Pharmacies 5k walk
- 1k fun walk
- Team 5k Run Challenge (Team of 4)
- Single loop, marshalled paved course – each kilometre marked
- Opening announcements and warm-up starts at 8:45 a.m.
- Run and walks start at 9:30 a.m. on University Ave. and Armoury St.
- Commemorative t-shirt (while supplies last)
- Low-impact aerobic warm-up from 9 – 9:15 a.m.
- Free post-race refreshments for participants
- Free downtown parking
- The first 300 cars get to park for free at City Hall! Be sure to enter off of Bay Street, enter the ‘Reserved Lot’ and arrive before 9 a.m. Note: Cars will not be able to exit the garage until the race is over, which is approximately 11 a.m.
- Plaques will be awarded to the overall 1st, 2nd and 3rd place Male and Female runners in the MonsterMortgage.ca 5k run
- Medals are awarded to the 1st, 2nd and 3rd place male and female runners in nine age categories
- 10 years and younger
- 11 – 14 years
- 15 – 19 years
- 20 – 29 years
- 30 – 39 years
- 40 – 49 years
- 50 – 59 years
- 60 – 69 years
- 70 years and older
- Special awards will be presented to the oldest and youngest participants in the MonsterMortgage.ca 5k run, the Medical Pharmacies 5k walk and the 1k fun walk
- All participants will receive a ribbon at the finish line
- Award presentations will take place on the stage in Nathan Phillips Square (100 Queen St. W.) beginning at approximately 10:30 a.m. on race day.
These organizations need your support. Help make the Toronto Challenge a successful fundraising event for seniors.
For involvement as a benefiting agency, please contact Tyrone Bernardo at 416-392-9392 or email Tyrone.Bernardo@toronto.ca
- Almise Co-operative Homes Inc.
- Aphasia Institute
- Applegrove Community Complex
- Bendale Acres
- Bernard Betel Centre
- Carefree Lodge
- Caring Clowns (Ryerson University)
- Castleview Wychwood Towers
- Central Eglinton Community Centre
- Centre for Opportunities, Respect and Empowerment (CORE)
- Copernicus Lodge
- Cummer Lodge
- Dixon Hall Neighbourhood Services
- East York Meals on Wheels
- Harmonize for Speech Fund
- Fudger House
- Harmony Hall Centre For Seniors
- Helene Tremblay Lavoie Foundation
- Humber Community Seniors’ Services Inc.
- Japanese Social Services
- Kipling Acres
- Labdara Lithuanian Nursing Home
- Lakeshore Lodge
- Les Centres D’Accueil Heritage
- North York Seniors Centre
- PAL-Reading Services
- Reconnect Community Health Services
- Rexdale Women’s Centre
- Second Mile Club
- Senior Adult Services in the Annex (SAS)
- Seven Oaks
- Society of Sharing
- SPRINT Senior Care
- Sri-Lankan Ex-Tamil Police Officers’ Club Canada
- St. Matthew’s Bracondale House
- Sunshine Centres For Seniors
- Surex Community Services
- Syme 55+ CentreToronto
- The Neighbourhood Group
- Toronto Council on Aging
- True Davidson Acres
- Wesburn Manor
- West Scarborough Neighbourhood Seniors Club
- Woodgreen Community Services
- Yorkminster Park Meals on Wheels
Thank you for your interest in volunteering at the Toronto Challenge. Volunteer opportunities are now closed for 2018.
If you are interested in learning more about volunteer opportunities, please visit: Long-Term Care Home Volunteer