Protecting your privacy is top priority for the City of Toronto. You are seeing this alert because your web browser needs to be updated to access content on toronto.ca. You will need to download and install a more recent version of your web browser to use our website.
The key to a successful event is preparation! Here are some helpful hints and a checklist to utilize when planning your event:
Start early and develop a work-back schedule and budget!
- Develop an event concept, business plan and site plan – this will enable you to determine what services, permits and permissions you require.
- Secure your venues and facilities early, the majority of City venues start taking booking request a year in advance and larger conference facilities up to 10 years in advance.
- The larger the event, or the more complex it is, the more time you will need and the more elements should be included in your work-back schedule and your budget.
- Most applications for government funding are due a year prior to your event.
- Obtain copies of applications, forms and guidelines early to ensure you comprehend the requirements – note deadlines and approval timelines.
- Prepare the most detailed site plan you can.
- Speak to your insurance broker about coverage for special events