Broadlands Community Centre
Broadlands Community Centre is a central community hub for the neighbourhood. To maintain the facility and provide accessibility upgrades, a repair project is underway.
Broadlands Community Centre supports a wide range of community programs. An opportunity has been identified to improve the existing facility.
The project includes:
Interior: new doors, paint and floor finishes and the reconfiguring of the washrooms and change rooms to meet accessibility requirements.
Exterior: re-roofing and water-proofing the foundation walls, new doors and painting.
Outdoor: re-waterproofing part of the outdoor pool deck, repairing walkways, curbs, stairs and drains and improving site drainage along the south property line.
The project is currently under construction with completion anticipated for late Summer 2019, weather permitting.
- The outdoor swimming pool and related shower and change facilities are planned to re-open to the public in summer 2019, weather-permitting.
- The multi-purpose rooms and ice rink related facilities are planned to open later this summer.
- Broadlands Park and tennis courts remain open for public access.
- Accessibility upgrades are included at the interior and exterior
- Washrooms and change rooms are being refinished and revitalized
- A modernized change room entrance at the lower level
- Waterproofing work along the north side of the building
- Interior refinishing work on the second floor, including the large activity room and universal washroom
- Plumbing and electrical upgrades on the second floor
The scheduling of the renovations was done by incorporating feedback from community members and stakeholders received at public meetings held in summer 2018.