Dufferin Grove Park
The City is undertaking an improvement project at Dufferin Grove Park to update the north-west corner of the parkland and clubhouse. The project scope includes replacement or alteration of the clubhouse; replacement of the ice rink, and the pleasure skating pad; and revitalization of north-west corner of the parkland at Dufferin Grove Park.
- Alteration/new addition or replacement of the community clubhouse
- A new outdoor artificial double-pad ice rink, or single pad ice rink with a skating ice trail, new refrigeration plant and mechanical space, and snow-dumping area
- Consideration for a new heated Zamboni garage and storage
- Exterior lighting and distribution for pathways, ice rink and skating trail
- Site access and services
- Landscape design will include site grading, vehicular access, pathways, exterior site furniture, bottle filling station, planting, sod, and exterior signage.
- Site and park facilities improvements including maintaining existing recreational programs such as pizza oven, Farmers Market set up layout, and community garden programs
- Exterior and Interior barrier-free accessibility improvements within the area of project
- Large exterior and interior wall/facia Signage
The design will focus on the experiences, activities, and programs made at the park and the clubhouse that include:
- Cultivating community identity
- Integrate clear and accessible entrances and exits to the north-west corner of the park and to the clubhouse
- Identify the existing and future needs of the community
- Meet the needs of children, families, and seniors.
While this project design is getting started, there will be opportunities to offer feedback through open houses, working group meetings, site walks, pop-ups and focus groups found on the north-west corner of the parkland and clubhouse improvements project page. Visit the project page frequently for more information, ways to provide feedback, and to stay up-to-date.
Anticipated Project Timelines
Future dates are subject to change.
- Phase 1 – Background Review, Public Communication Strategy and Work Plan: October 2018
- Phase 2 – Feasibility Study and Functional Program: November – December 2018
- Phase 3 – Schematic and Conceptual Design: January – May 2019
- Phase 4 – Design Development: June – August 2019
- Phase 5 – Contract Documentation: September 2019 – February 2020
- Phase 6 – Bidding and Tender Review: January – April 2020
- Phase 7 – Construction: Anticipated to begin in May 2020