Art Eggleton Park will have improvements made to the existing wading pool and playground. Download the final concept rendering.
- March to June 2019: the City of Toronto prepared conceptual designs for the community to review
- July to October 2019: the City of Toronto finalized the conceptual design for the community to review
- November 2019 to May 2020: the City of Toronto prepared the detailed design to issue for construction
- June to fall 2020: the City of Toronto issued the construction tender
- Spring 2021: anticipated construction start
- Summer 2021: anticipated construction completion
The timeline is subject to change.
About the Project
Proposed enhancements will include:
- Upgrades to the wading pool
- New playground and sand play area
- One additional park lighting
- Enhanced circulation and accessible pathways
- Relocating of the existing metal fence to the northern edge of the park
- Seating and picnic opportunities
Art Eggleton Park is located at 323 Harbord Street in the former Garrison Creek Ravine system. The park is flanked by Harbord Street and Bickford Park to the north, the rear laneway of Grace Street to the east, Montrose Junior Public School and t-ball diamonds to the south, and the rear laneway of Montrose Street to the west. The park has a dense tree canopy with formal and informal pathways leading to the existing wading pool and playground.
October 1, 2019
An open house was held at Montrose Junior Public School to present the final conceptual design for improvements to the playground and wading pool. The City received input from the public and discussed priorities for improvements and next steps.
Download the October 1, 2019, Open House presentation panels.
June 18, 2019
An open house was held at Art Eggleton Park to present preliminary proposed conceptual designs for improvements to the playground and wading pool. The City received input from the public and discussed priorities for improvements and next steps.
Download the June 18, 2019, Open House presentation panels.