Review the most recent survey results for this project in the Project Updates section.
The City is planning improvements to the playground in Bellbury Park. These improvements are part of an ongoing city-wide program to ensure our playgrounds provide safe and accessible fun for many years to come!
- Spring 2021: Community Engagement Survey 1, collect feedback on vision for new playground
- Summer 2021: Develop playground design options using survey feedback
- Winter 2021: Community Engagement Survey 2, collect feedback on multiple playground options
- Spring 2022: Detailed design and hire construction team
- Summer 2022: Begin construction
- Late Summer/Early Fall 2022: Playground reopens
The timeline is subject to change.
About the Project
Bellbury Park Playground is located at 55 Van Horne Ave., east of Leslie Street.
The playground currently includes:
- Four swing sets:
- Two swing sets with two swings for ages two to five
- Two swing sets with two swings for ages five and up
- A junior playground area with:
- A spring car
- Small yellow slide
- Mini house with seating
- A stand-alone steering wheel
- Several play activity panels
- An infinity climbing structure and small red slide
- A larger pink tunnel
- Monkey bars
- A pink cylindrical play structure with red handles
- Sand and rubber under play areas
- A small basketball court with a hoop
The playground will be redesigned using feedback from the community. The redesigned playground is proposed to include:
- Accessible play equipment. This means that people of all abilities will be able to play at this playground.
- New playground equipment
- Woodchip playground surfacing
Improvements will only be made in the general playground area. This will not include any new water or lighting features, or improvements to other areas of the park.
Feedback on the community’s preferences for the playground design was collected in an online survey from June 5 to June 20, 2021. The design team will use this feedback to develop multiple playground design options. The survey received a total of 434 responses, which included feedback from 1,052 individuals.
- 43% of respondents would like to see more climbing features in the new playground
- 38% of respondents would like to see a group swing in the new playground
- 33% of respondents would like to see more spiral slides in the new playground
- 78% of survey respondents preferred a bright colour scheme for the new playground
Download the full survey summary report for more information.
Late Winter 2021/2022
Online Survey 2
An online survey will be posted on this web page in Winter. The survey will ask for your feedback on multiple playground options developed using community feedback collected through the Phase 1 online survey.
The results from this survey will also be posted on this web page.
Sign Up for Updates
Sign Up Now
Sign up for updates related to the Bellbury Park Playground Improvement project or unsubscribe from the mailing list.