Review the most recent survey results for this project in the Project Updates section.
The City is planning improvements to the playground in Clydesdale Park. These improvements are part of an ongoing city-wide program to ensure our playgrounds provide safe and accessible fun for years to come!
- Summer 2021: Hiring a design consultant
- December 2021 to January 2022: Design and community engagement (online survey)
- January to March 2022: Detailed design and hire a construction team
- Late Summer 2022: Construction starts
- Late Fall 2022: Playground reopens
The timeline is subject to change.
About the Project
Clydesdale Park Playground is located at the southeast corner of the park, near the intersection of Kathrose Drive and Clydesdale Drive.
The playground currently includes:
- Two swing sets with:
- Two swings for ages two to five
- Two swings for ages five and up
- A play structure with stairs and a swirl swing (red, blue and yellow structure)
- A small see-saw (yellow)
- A junior wood play structure with:
- A double slide (blue)
- A junior climbing structure
- A junior ramp climber
- A steering wheel (blue)
- A mini table (red)
- Sand under all play areas
The playground will be redesigned using feedback from the community. The redesigned playground is proposed to include:
- Accessible play equipment and an accessible pathway connection to the new playground area. This means that people of all abilities will be able to play at this playground.
- Playground equipment for ages two to twelve
- Woodchip playground surfacing
Improvements will only be made in the general playground area and will not include any new water or lighting features, or improvements to other areas of the park.
December 10, 2021 to January 7, 2022
An online survey collected feedback on the features and equipment for the new playground. The design team will use the community feedback collected in the survey to develop a final playground design.
Download the survey summary.
Sign Up for Updates
Sign Up Now
Sign up for regular project updates related to the Clydesdale Park Playground Improvements or unsubscribe from the mailing list.