Review the final playground design in the Project Updates section.
The City is improving the playground in Geary Avenue Parkette!
- Fall 2021: Community engagement and Hydro One approvals
- Winter 2022: Detailed design and construction preparation
- Spring 2022: Construction starts
- Summer/Fall 2022: Construction complete
The timeline is subject to change.
Sign Up for Updates
Sign Up Now
Sign up for regular project updates related to Geary Avenue Parkette Playground improvements or unsubscribe from the mailing list.
While we aim to provide fully accessible content, there is no text alternative available for some of the content on this site. If you require alternate formats or need assistance understanding our maps, drawings, or any other content, please contact Nancy Chater at 416-338-5237.
Final Playground Design
The final design for the new Geary Avenue Parkette has been refined based on community feedback. It will be primary colours (red, blue, yellow) and include the following play features:
- New 10 foot high swings with two belt seats, one infant seat and one accessible seat
- Existing teeter-totter will be refurbished and reinstalled
- One combined junior and senior play structure for ages two to 12 with:
- two slides (straight and 90 degree)
- four climbing options
- one imaginative play wheel panel
- two ground-level interactive play panels (multi-function activity and farmer’s market storefront)
- one curved bridge
- One senior agility, balance and climbing play structure for ages five to 12 with:
- two 90 degree, overhead climbers (static and spinning)
- two stepping saucers (balance and hop)
- two stepping blocks (balance and hop)
- one “wonkey wave” lateral climber
- six Mini steps
November 15 to November 29, 2021
Feedback on multiple playground design options was collected in an online survey. The survey received a total of 426 responses.
Download the full survey summary report for more information.
About the Project
Geary Avenue Parkette is located at 15 Geary Ave., near Dupont Street and Ossington Avenue. The playground will be redesigned using feedback from the community. The redesigned playground will include:
- New playground equipment for ages two to twelve
- Accessible play equipment. This means that people of all abilities will be able to play at this playground
- Upgraded accessible playground surfacing
- Accessible path connecting to the playground
- Additional accessible seating