The new Holley Park Playground is open! Thank you to all the community members who provided their feedback throughout the playground improvement process!
The City is planning improvements to the playground in Holley Park. These improvements are part of an ongoing city-wide program to ensure playgrounds provide safe and accessible fun for years to come!
- April 2021: Community engagement, survey to collect feedback on playground options
- June 2021: Playground design finalized
- May to July 2021: Detailed design and hire construction team
- Fall 2021: Construction starts
- Spring 2022: Construction complete, playground reopens
The timeline is subject to change.
Sign Up for Updates
Sign Up Now
Sign up for regular project updates related to the Holley Park Playground Improvements or unsubscribe from the mailing list.
Construction for the playground improvements is completed and the new playground opens to the public.
Input on multiple playground design and equipment options was collected in an online survey from April 16 to May 16, 2021. The design team will use this feedback to develop a single playground design. The survey received a total of 81 responses, which included input from 167 individuals.
- 20% of respondents preferred playground design A
- 55% of respondents preferred playground design B
- 25% of respondents preferred playground design C
- 54% of respondents preferred a bright colour scheme for the new playground
Download the full survey summary report for more information.
About the Project
Holley Park is a small park located at 2335 Weston Rd., just north of Lawrence Avenue West that features a children’s playground.
The playground currently includes:
- One swing sets with:
- Two swings for ages two to five
- Two swings for ages five and up
- A junior climbing structure with:
- A small double slide (red structure)
- A single small slide (green structure)
- A senior climbing structure with:
- A medium spiral slide (red structure)
- Sand under all play areas
- A bench
The playground will be redesigned using feedback from the community. The redesigned playground is proposed to include:
- Accessible play equipment for ages two to thirteen. This means that people of all abilities will be able to play at this playground
- An accessible pathway to the playground
- Additional seating
- Woodchip playground surfacing
- Water fountain with bottle filler
Improvements will only be made in the general playground area. This will not include any new lighting features or improvements to other areas of the park.
Holley Park Playground before construction.
The new Holley Park Playground.