Construction is underway. During construction, the playground will be closed. There may also be temporary closures to some sections of the main pedestrian path to allow construction vehicles to enter and exit the site.
The City of Toronto is making improvements to the playground at Humewood Park.
- Fall 2019 to Spring 2020: Design development phase
- Summer 2020: Construction procurement phase
- Mid-September 2020: Construction begins
- Late Fall 2020: Construction complete
The timeline is subject to change.
About the Project
We are making improvements to the Humewood Park Playground. The scope of improvements includes:
- Playground expansion: the expanded playground will incorporate new and existing equipment and a new sand play area
- New safety surfacing
While we aim to provide fully accessible content, there is no text alternative available for some of the content on this site. If you require alternate formats or need assistance understanding our maps, drawings, or any other content, please contact Rachel Weston at 416-392-3357 or Rachel.Weston@toronto.ca.
- Removals have been done to facilitate the expansion of the playground footprint.
- Playground granular base, subdrainage system, and armourstone retaining wall have been installed.
- Concrete curb, accessible ramps, and new play equipment installation are underway.
View of playground construction site, with new curb installed at west end of the expanded playground
View of New Junior Climber that has been installed.
The Contractor has been hired. Preconstruction coordination is underway.
The final detailed design for the playground has been finalized and a construction document package has been developed.
Illustrated plan of final playground design.
New Junior Climber.
New Net Climber.
New parkour climber.
New sand table (part of new sand play area).
December 2, 2019
A public meeting was held to present two playground design options and gather feedback from community members. Feedback from this meeting and correspondence with community members will be considered in the development of the final detailed design.
Download the December 2, 2019, Public Meeting presentation.
Download the December 2, 2019, Public Meeting Summary.
Landscape architectural consulting firm Serdika was hired and is developing design options for the park.