Review the most recent survey results for this project in the Project Updates section.
The City is planning improvements to the playground in Milliken Park. These improvements are part of an ongoing city-wide program to ensure playgrounds provide safe and accessible fun for years to come!
- Summer 2021: Online survey to collect feedback on multiple playground options
- Summer/Fall 2021: Detailed design and hire construction team
- Spring 2022: Construction starts
- Spring/Summer 2022: Playground reopens
The timeline is subject to change.
About the Project
Milliken Park Playground is located on the southeast side of McCowan Road and Steeles Avenue East.
The playground currently includes:
- Two swing sets with:
- Two swings for ages two to five
- Two swings for ages five and up
- One large play structure with:
- Four straight slides (two metal, two white)
- One spiral slide
- Two small double slides (beige)
- Monkey bar play structure extension
- Various play panels along the play structure
- One small crawl tunnel (red)
- Set of hanging tires
- Large wood ramp connected to play structure
- Animal see-saw
- Monkey bar structure (red)
- Sand under all play areas
The playground will be redesigned using feedback from the community. The redesigned playground is proposed to include:
- Accessible play equipment and an accessible pathway connection. This means that people of all abilities will be able to play at this playground.
- Playground equipment for ages eighteen months to twelve years
- Additional seating
- New playground surfacing
Improvements will only be made in the general playground area. This will not include any new water or lighting features, or improvements to other areas of the park.
Feedback on multiple playground design options was collected in an online survey from July 23 to August 8, 2021. The design team will use this feedback to develop a single playground design. The survey received a total of 188 responses, which included input from 430 individuals.
- 36% of respondents preferred playground option 1
- 64% of respondents preferred playground option 2
- 60% of respondents preferred a bright colour scheme for the new playground
Download the full survey summary report for more information.
Sign Up for Updates
Sign Up Now
Sign up for regular project updates related to the Milliken Park Playground Improvements or unsubscribe from the mailing list.