The playground is currently under construction and will reopen in summer 2021.
The City is planning improvements to the playground in Natal Park. These improvements are part of an ongoing city-wide program to ensure playgrounds provide safe and accessible fun for years to come!
- September 2019: Community engagement, survey to collect feedback on playground options
- 2020: Detailed design and hire construction team
- Spring 2021: Begin construction
- Summer 2021: Playground reopens
The timeline is subject to change.
About the Project
Natal Park Playground is located at 110 Natal Ave., on the north side of Natal Park.
The playground currently includes:
- One swing set with:
- Two swings for ages two to five
- Two swings for ages five and up
- Two medium-sized slides (red and blue structure)
- A junior climbing structure (blue structure)
- Sand under all play areas
The playground is designed based on feedback from the community. The redesigned playground is proposed to include:
- Accessible play equipment and an accessible pathway connection to the new playground area. This means that people of all abilities will be able to play at this playground.
- Playground equipment for ages two to twelve
- Additional seating
- Woodchip playground surfacing
- New drinking fountain in a new location
Improvements will only be made in the general playground area. This will not include any lighting features or improvements to other areas of the park.
September 27, 2019
The public was invited to participate in a pop-up survey in Natal Park to learn more about the project and share their preferences on the playground design. Option 3 was selected as the preferred playground design and will be installed from May to July 2021.
Sign Up for Updates
Sign Up Now
Sign up for regular project updates related to the Natal Park Playground Improvements or unsubscribe from the mailing list.