The new Plunkett Park Playground is open! Thank you to all the community members who provided their feedback throughout the playground improvement process!
The City is planning improvements to the playground in Plunkett Park. These improvements are part of an ongoing city-wide program to ensure playgrounds provide safe and accessible fun for years to come!
- April 2021: Community Engagement: Survey to collect feedback on playground options
- June 2021: Playground design finalized
- May to July 2021: Detailed design and hire construction team
- Fall 2021: Begin construction
- Winter 2021: Playground reopens
The timeline is subject to change.
Sign Up for Updates
Sign Up Now
Sign up for regular project updates related to the Plunkett Park Playground Improvements or unsubscribe from the mailing list.
Construction for the playground improvements is completed and the new playground opens to the public.
Input on multiple playground design and equipment options was collected in an online survey from April 16 to May 16, 2021. The design team will use this feedback to develop a single playground design. The survey received a total of 298 responses, which included input from 1,023 individuals.
- 26% of respondents preferred playground design option A
- 38% of respondents preferred playground design option B
- 35% of respondents preferred playground design option C
- 53% of respondents preferred a bright colour scheme for the new playground
Download the full survey summary report for more information.
About the Project
Plunkett Park is located at 188 Plunkett Rd., near Islington Avenue and Steeles Avenue West in Etobicoke. The children’s playground is in the middle of the park.
The playground currently includes:
- Two swing sets with:
- Two swings for ages two to five
- Two swings for ages five and up
- A medium-sized slide (yellow structure)
- A combined junior/senior climbing structure with:
- A medium double-sized slide (yellow structure)
- A small curved slide (yellow structure)
- Sand under all play areas
- Two benches
The playground will be redesigned using feedback from the community. The redesigned playground is proposed to include:
- Accessible play equipment for ages two to thirteen. This means that people of all abilities will be able to play at this playground
- An accessible pathway to the playground
- Additional seating
- Woodchip playground surfacing
- Water fountain with bottle filler
Improvements will only be made in the general playground area. This will not include any new lighting features or improvements to other areas of the park.
Plunkett Park Playground before construction.
The new Humberline Park Playground.