Share your thoughts on the features and equipment for the new playground in an online survey from September 19 to October 5, 2022.
The City is improving the playground in Primula Parkette. These improvements are part of an ongoing city-wide program to ensure playgrounds provide safe and accessible fun for many years to come!
- Fall 2022: Community engagement (online survey)
- Winter 2023: Detailed design and hire a construction team
- Spring/Early Summer 2023: Construction starts
- Late Summer/Early Fall 2023: Construction complete, playground reopens
The timeline is subject to change.
September 19 to October 5, 2022
Take the online survey to share your thoughts on the features and equipment for the new playground. The design team will use the community feedback collected in the survey to develop a final playground design.
The results of the survey will be posted on this page.
Sign Up for Updates
Sign Up Now
Sign up for updates related to the Primula Parkette Playground Improvements or unsubscribe from the mailing list.
About the Project
Primula Parkette Playground is located near Primula Crescent and Husband Drive in Etobicoke York.
The playground currently includes:
- Two swing sets with:
- Two swings for ages two to five
- Two swings for ages five and up
- A combined junior/senior structure with two medium-sized slides
- Sand and grass under all play areas
The playground will be redesigned using feedback from the community. The redesigned playground is proposed to include:
- Playground equipment for ages two to 12
- Additional seating
- Engineered wood fibre playground surfacing
- Accessible play equipment and an accessible pathway connecting to the playground area. This means that people of all abilities will be able to play at this playground.
Improvements will only be made in the general playground area. This will not include any new water or lighting features or improvements to other areas of the park.