The City is planning improvements to the playground in Ruddington Park. These improvements are part of an ongoing city-wide program to ensure our playgrounds provide safe and accessible fun for many years to come!
- Summer 2021: Concept design
- Fall 2021: Collect feedback on multiple playground options
- Winter 2021: Detailed design and hire a construction team
- Spring 2022: Construction
- Summer 2022 Construction complete, playground reopens
The timeline is subject to change.
About the Project
Ruddington Park is located at 75 Ruddington Dr., near Bayview and Cummer Avenue. The children’s playground is at the south-east side of the park and currently includes:
- One swing set with:
- Two swings for ages two to five
- Two swings for ages five and up
- A combined junior/senior climbing structure with:
- A small slide
- A large slide
- Several climbing options
- A sliding pole
- A climbing pole
- A climbing structure with:
- Two sets of monkey bars
- Two horizontal bars
- Two platforms
- A small sandbox
- Sand under all play areas
- Four benches
The playground will be redesigned using feedback from the community. The redesigned playground is proposed to include:
- Accessible play equipment and an accessible entry to the new playground area. This means that people of all abilities will be able to play at this playground.
- Playground equipment for ages two to thirteen
- Additional seating
- Woodchip playground surfacing
- A shade structure (pending available budget)
Improvements will only be made in the general playground area. This will not include any new water or lighting features, or improvements to other areas of the park.
Sign Up for Updates
Sign Up Now
Sign up for regular project updates related to the Ruddington Park Playground Improvements or unsubscribe from our mailing list.