The City is improving the playground in Warrender Park. These improvements are part of an ongoing city-wide program to ensure playgrounds provide safe and accessible fun for many years to come!
- Winter 2023: Community engagement (online survey)
- Spring 2023: Detailed design and hire a construction team
- Summer 2023: Construction starts
- Winter 2023: Construction complete, playground reopens
The timeline is subject to change.
An online survey will be posted on this page in the spring. The survey will ask for your feedback and preferences on multiple playground options. The design team will use the community feedback collected in this survey to develop a single playground design.
The results of the survey will also be posted on this page.
Sign Up for Updates
Sign Up Now
Sign up for updates related to the Warrender Park Playground Improvements or unsubscribe from the mailing list.
About the Project
Warrender Park Playground is located at 63 Warrender Ave in Etobicoke York.
The playground currently includes:
- One swing set with:
- Two swings for ages two to five
- Two swings for ages six to 12
- One climbing structure
- Sand under all play areas
The playground will be redesigned using feedback from the community. The redesigned playground is proposed to include:
- Playground equipment for ages two and up
- Additional seating
- Engineered wood fibre playground surfacing
- Accessible play equipment and an accessible pathway connecting to the playground area. This means that people of all abilities will be able to play at this playground.
Improvements will only be made in the general playground area. This will not include any new water or lighting features or improvements to other areas of the park.