North Toronto Memorial Community Centre
The City is enhancing the North Toronto Memorial Community Centre to improve facility operations and services to the community.
Programs currently offered at the centre will be relocated to locations including local schools, community churches and other City sites.
The centre will undergo state-of-good-repair improvement work and will be delivered in two phases:
- Phase I (western half of the facility): This phase will be 18 months long and will open March 2019.
- Phase II (eastern half of the facility): This phase will be 11 months long, and will be closed from April 2, 2018 to February 28, 2019, opening March 2019.
- A new roof and skylight
- New floor finishes
- Repair to outdoor trellis and exposed wood structure
- New plumbing fixtures throughout
- Pool upgrades
- Mechanical upgrades
- A new Building Automation System
- Window glazing repair and replacement
- Light fixture retrofit
- Change room renovations
- Accessibility improvements