Information & Reports: Bathurst Manor Plaza Development Application
A preliminary report was approved by North York Community Council on May 9, 2006. The preliminary report recommended that a community consultation meeting be held and provided information on the original proposal.
A revised proposal was submitted to the City for review on February 24, 2010. The revised proposal consists of:
- A 7 storey condominium on southwest corner of Wilmington Avenue and Overbrook Drive with 198 units and 973 m2 of retail uses;
- A 6 storey condominium on northwest corner of the site with 179 units; and
- A total of 44 townhouse dwelling units.
Additional revisions were made to the proposal from the February 2010 submission. The application now proposes to amend the Zoning By-law to permit:
- A 6 storey mixed-use building on the northeast corner of Wilmington Avenue and Overbrook Place with 179 residential units and 1,310 m2 (14,100 sf) of ground floor retail and service uses;
- A 3 to 6 storey mixed-use building on the northwest corner of the site with 171 residential units and 560 m2 (6,023 sf) of ground floor retail and service uses;
- A total of 44 townhouse dwelling units on the site; and
- A total of 595 parking spaces.
The following reports and plans were submitted to the City for the review:
- Architectural drawings (Part 1) – Key Plan and Statistics, Site Plan, Floor Plans and Elevations
- Architectural drawings (Part 2) – Townhouse Floor Plans and Elevations
- Landscape Plans
- Functional Servicing Report
- Functional Plan and Pavement Markings
- Parking Assessment
- Planning Report – Addendum
- Stormwater Management Report
- Toronto Green Standard
- Traffic Impact Study
- Draft Plan of Subdivision
The changes between the June 2010 plans and the current proposal are:
- Buildings have been moved 1.5 metres closer to Wilmington Boulevard and Overbrook Place;
- Building exterior treatment and architecture has been modified;
- Revisions to underground parking layouts and building massing; and
- Additional information was submitted to assess servicing, stormwater management, parking requirements and traffic impacts.
The revised proposal consists of:
- A 4-6 storey condominium on south-west corner with 179 units and 1,360 m2 of retail uses;
- A 3-6 storey condominium on north-west corner of the lot with 171 units and 560 m2 of retail uses;
- A total of 43 townhouse dwelling units (20 condo units on Parcel A, 9 condo units on Parcel B and 14 freehold units on Parcel C);
- A new 18.5 metre public street through the site designed to accommodate on-street parking; and
- 570 parking spaces (28 for the freehold townhouses, 42 at grade and 500 below grade) located on site and 44 lay-by and on-street parking spaces on Wilmington Avenue and Overbrook Place.