The Province of Ontario requires that an Assessment Report be prepared prior to adopting policies for inclusionary zoning. The City prepared and consulted on two draft Assessment Reports in 2019 and 2020. The City’s final Assessment Report is made up of three main components:
- Housing Need and Demand Analysis
- The City conducted research on key housing indicators from two previous census periods, 2006 and 2016, to identify trends over roughly the past 10 years. This document contains an analysis of demographics, income, housing supply and demand, market rents and prices, and strong markets in Toronto.
- Housing Need and Demand Analysis Final August 2021
- Financial Impact Analysis
- The City retained N. Barry Lyon Consultants Limited (NBLC) to analyze the financial impacts of a range of inclusionary zoning requirements on the housing market. A residual land value assessment was conducted for 11 geographies across the city.
- Update: Evaluation of Potential Impacts of an Inclusionary Zoning Policy September 2021 (coming soon)
- Peer Review
Draft Inclusionary Zoning Planning Documents
Proposed Inclusionary Zoning Planning Documents
Reports summarizing public and stakeholder feedback on Inclusionary Zoning.