Skip to content
Effective: October, 2019
What You Can Use the Funding For:
- Permit for your event/activity
- Liability insurance for your event/activity
- Advertising and promotion
- Honoraria for volunteers (e.g. entertainment, child-minding, etc.)
- Honoraria for group members receiving the Neighbourhood Grant
- Dedicated space rental or permit fees for event/activity space
- Local travel expenses: Toronto Transit Commission (TTC) tokens, or taxi chits/receipts, or mileage reimbursement with details for transportation of event materials/equipment to event site.
- The maximum for eligible taxi receipts or mileage is $100 for the entire activity/event funding period.
- Eligible event/activity parking fees can only be charged at maximum of $6 (equivalent of two TTC tokens) per incident.
- Printing (e.g. flyers)
- Project materials and supplies
- Food for participants at event/activity
- Volunteer expenses (e.g. food)
- Maximum of $50 for the entire activity/event funding period
- Purchase of art supplies and sports equipment for the event/activity
- Resident-led groups will need to provide a letter to Social Planning Toronto about how art supplies or sporting equipment will be used after your funded activity is over. Art supplies and sporting equipment must be stored at an organization or Toronto Community Housing Corporation (TCHC) building so that they can be accessible to members of the public.
- Other expenses on a case-by-case basis
What You Can’t Use the Funding For:
- Fundraising activities/events, donations to charitable causes
- Ongoing projects/programs
- Costs to maintain activities beyond the funding term
- Salaries, hourly wages and income-generating activities for staff, group members and/or mentors
- Fees paid to project partners
- TTC monthly passes
- Travel outside of the City of Toronto
- Activities outside of one of the 39 Neighbourhood Improvement Areas or Emerging Neighbourhoods
- Training/education for individual group members
- Purchase of media equipment (e.g. computers or software)
- Activities related to religious and/or political purposes