Protecting your privacy is top priority for the City of Toronto. You are seeing this alert because your web browser needs to be updated to access content on toronto.ca. You will need to download and install a more recent version of your web browser to use our website.
- Use clean dishes and utensils to serve food.
- Keep cold perishable food on ice or serve it on platters directly from the refrigerator.
- Divide hot perishable food into smaller servings.
- Keep platters refrigerated until it is time to warm them up for serving.
- Pack lunches in insulated coolers with a cold pack. Avoid leaving food coolers in direct sun or on a warm surface.
- Clean coolers after they are used to remove any spills or visible dirt.
- Carry food in a cooler with a cold pack or on ice.
- When possible, keep the cooler in the shade with the lid closed.
- Always separate raw foods from cooked or ready- to-eat foods.
- Keep cold perishable party foods on ice or serve it on platters directly from the refrigerator.
- Keep platters of food refrigerated until it is time to warm them in the oven for serving.