Freeze non-carbonated drinks and use them as cold packs in lunches and when picnicking to keep your food cold.
- Use clean dishes and utensils to serve food.
- Keep cold perishable food on ice or serve it on platters directly from the refrigerator.
- Divide hot perishable food into smaller servings.
- Keep platters refrigerated until it is time to warm them up for serving.
- Pack lunches in insulated coolers with a cold pack. Avoid leaving food coolers in direct sun or on a warm surface.
- Clean coolers after they are used to remove any spills or visible dirt.
- Carry food in a cooler with a cold pack or on ice.
- When possible, keep the cooler in the shade with the lid closed.
- Always separate raw foods from cooked or ready- to-eat foods.
- Keep cold perishable party foods on ice or serve it on platters directly from the refrigerator.
- Keep platters of food refrigerated until it is time to warm them in the oven for serving.