The fully-accessible garden park features special braille signage, raised planters, rose gardens and a rock fountain surrounded by a pergola. It is a haven for flower connoisseurs, bird and butterfly watchers. The park has spectacular views of Lake Ontario from the top of Scarborough Bluffs and is a popular spot for wedding photos. Learn more about photo permits. No dogs allowed (service animals are exempt).
This park is part of Scarborough Bluffs.
Important: There is no access to the water at this park. Stay behind fences and obey no trespassing signs as the bluffs are unstable. Access the water from Bluffer's Park, Sylvan Park, Guild Park and Gardens, or East Point Park.
Thomas McDonald West, owner and operator of J. & J. Taylor Limited, Toronto Safe Works purchased the 16.2 hectare Rumph farm overlooking the Scarborough Bluffs in 1904-1905. He and his wife, Emma, then divided it among their four children, Joseph McDonald, William Needham, Howard Thomas, and Rosetta. Many of the historic landscape improvements enjoyed today were initially undertaken by Rosetta's husband, Robert Watson McClain, and her brother Joseph McDonald.
Rosetta McClain died in December 1940 and in 1959 her husband donated their property (about 4 hectares) to the city of Toronto in her memory. In 1977, this land was conveyed to the Metropolitan Toronto and Region Conservation Authority and combined with portions of the J.M. and H.T. West properties. A further parcel from the W.N. West holdings was added in 1985, creating a 7.5 hectare park. The shell of an old pine house reminds park visitors that people once farmed this property with the spectacular view of the Scarborough Bluffs.