Sunnybrook Farm was the 154-hectare country estate of Joseph Kilgour in the late 1800s. It is located north of Leaside and south of the Bridle Path. After Kilgour's passing, his wife Alice donated Sunnybrook Farms to the city in 1928 to be used as a park. The Kilgour barns were preserved and currently serve as a public riding school. The Metropolitan Police stabled here until moving to the stables at Exhibition Place in 2005.
The Dogs Off-Leash Area is fenced, allows Commercial Dog Walkers and has a separate area for dogs weighing less than 9.1 kg (20 lbs). This park also has bike trails and sports fields.
WILDLIFE - Listed as a top spot to see birds in the City's Birds of Toronto Biodiversity Series booklet.
ENVIRONMENTALLY SIGNIFICANT AREA - Glendon Forest provides a high-quality forest habitat, dominated by sugar maple, eastern white pine, American beech and eastern hemlock trees in the West Don River Valley The wetland provides critical habitat for snapping turtles, Great Blue Herons and Red-winged Blackbirds. It is designated as an Environmentally Significant Area, because of its plant and animal diversity.
|Facility Type||Quantity||Facility Rating *|
|Bottle Filling Station||1|
|Cricket Pitch Field||3||P|
|Dogs Off-Leash Area||1|
|Outdoor Fitness Equipment||1|