Crothers WoodsAddress: 27 REDWAY RD Map It
With around 10km of natural trails, a diverse bird population and some spots offering a spectacular view of the Toronto skyline, Crothers Woods is a popular escape into nature.
Crothers Woods offers approximately 9 km of multi-use, one-metre wide natural surface (dirt) trails. These trails include some steep sections and are rated as intermediate level trails.
Other trails in the area:
- The Sun Valley Trail is a 1.3 km granular surfaced trail that is 2.5 metres wide and classified as a multi-purpose beginner trail with one 100-metre steep section.
- Cottonwood Flats Trail is a two-metre wide, 0.7 km granular surfaced trail that is classified as a multi-purpose beginner trail.
- A trails map is posted at the Loblaws Trailhead. View the map online in the Crothers Woods Trails brochure (PDF).
Crother Woods is an Environmentally Significant Area due to its diverse, mature and relatively undisturbed forest, and the presence of wildflowers and tree species that are rare in the Toronto region.
- District: Waterfront
- Intersection: Near: Beechwood Dr & Beechwood Cres
- TTC Information: Take the 56 Leaside or 88 South Leaside bus. This will drop you off near Redway Road, where one of the main trails starts.