Come join us for an unforgettable summer camp experience in the great outdoors!
Fall/ Winter/Spring Office:¬†89 Church Avenue¬†(Yonge St and Finch Ave W)
Summer Campsite:¬†60 Blue Forest Drive¬†(Dufferin St and Finch Ave W)
For more information, visit¬†How to Register for Recreation Programs.
For over 60 years, Camp Naorca staff have strived to pass down all of our best-loved camp traditions. Camp Naorca staff allow campers to gain a greater awareness of, and appreciation for, nature and the environment.
Note: Campers must be the required age by the program start date, as age overrides aren’t provided.
Pathfinder Camping Trip for 12 – 14 years
In addition to registering for the pathfinder program barcode, pathfinder campers have the option of registering for a two-night/three-day camping trip to a nearby provincial park. These camping trips are designed to help foster independence and develop camping skills. Under the supervision of Staff, campers will enjoy playing an active role in the set-up of a campsite and preparation of campfire meals. They will also help plan and participate in daily physical activities and specialized evening programming around the campfire.
Note: There is an additional fee to register for this camping trip. A separate off-location trip permission form and information package will be sent home the first day of each session.
Counsellor-in-training (C.I.T) Program for 15 years +
Camp Naorca offers an exceptional quality leadership program for youth 15+ years. C.I.T’s attend on-site theory workshops with their peers, to learn about such topics as: communication, conflict resolution, child development and leadership. The remainder of the time, C.I.T’s are assigned a supervised job shadowing placement, within the camp. Our program provides an opportunity to gain valuable experience in assisting our counsellors with daily camp activities. Youth with special needs/disabilities are welcome to register and must be able to participate independently in the C.I.T. Program.
Note:¬† Participants may register for either our July session or our August session; not both. Registered participants will be contacted prior to the commencement of this program, in order to attend a mandatory orientation workshop.
Camper Sections and Ages
Specific program plans are designed for each age group, to meet their skill set and interests.
Bluejays – 4 ¬Ĺ to 5 years
Falcons – 6 years
Skyhawks – 7 to 8 years
T-Birds – 9 to 10 years
Eagles- 11 years
Pathfinders – 12 to 14 years
Counsellor-In-Training Camp (CIT) – 15 years +
We welcome and include children and youth with disabilities to explore our summer camp opportunities at a level of participation suitable to their ability. Due to the high demand of City support staff, a maximum of two weeks can be provided.
If you’d like to register for more than two weeks of camp, please call the Camp Naorca office directly at 416-395-0150.
If your child requires a staff to support them, please note the following important information:
- Register campers using a Camp Naorca Special Needs Program Barcode only. Using the mainstream barcodes (e.g. Bluejays, Falcons, etc) will not get your child the support they need.
- If programs are full, please place camper on the waitlist. In an attempt to accommodate as many campers as possible, we follow up with all registered and waitlisted campers.
- All registered and waitlisted participants will be contacted by Camp Naorca staff in early spring to arrange an assessment meeting. An assessment meeting is a requirement before camp starts, in order to gauge the compatibility of Camp Naorca with the dynamics of each child who has additional needs.
- If you had an assessment meeting already with a City staff in the fall or winter, you may still need to conduct one again with Camp Naorca staff, due to the unique nature of our facility setting and program).
- Once camp begins, your child will be integrated with the other campers in their age group and will be assigned an additional staff support. The additional staff provided will be available during camp program hours only and not during bus pick up, drop off and travel.
Camp Naorca operates daily from 9 a.m. – 4 p.m. (no extended hours are available).
Each session is 9 days.
We offer bus transportation at no additional costs, but seats are limited. This service is provided by a professional school bus company.
Register for both program barcode and bus stop barcode (This will be the same location for pick up and drop off).
If parents/guardians wish to drive campers to camp and don’t need bus service, register for the Camp Naorca Sign In/Out barcode.
Information packages will be mailed out to registered participants at the beginning of May. If you’ve registered after this time, call or email us to get your¬†package.
Camp staff will call all registered participants a few days prior to the start of each session, to confirm bus stop times, what to wear, what to bring etc.
You need to provide your child with lunch, drinks and snacks. Litterless meals are strongly encouraged.
For a complete listing of our program barcodes and bus stop locations/barcodes, please see the FUN Guide and search for the Camp Naorca page in the Summer Camp section.
*For concerns with first-time bus travellers, please inform the office in advance. Parents/Guardians are responsible for the supervision of campers at bus stops, before pickup and after drop-off times. Prior to the start of each session, staff will call to confirm bus stop times. Parents/Guardians are responsible for signing their child on and off the bus every day.