This course offers a traditional variety of holes and has a legendary reputation for its exciting natural setting. Hallelujah Corner includes the signature Par 5 12th hole followed by an outstanding Par 3 challenge.
|Type of Golfer||Monday to Friday||Weekends and Holidays|
|Adult – 18 Hole||$68.29||$76.51|
|*Senior – 18 Hole||$42.02||$50.67|
|*Junior – 18 Hole||$36.50||$43.55|
|**Adult – 9 Hole||$36.21||$44.74|
|**Senior – 9 Hole||$28.42||$33.38|
|**Junior – 9 Hole||$23.54||$30.61|
*Seniors are 60 yrs+ and must show proper ID to qualify for the Senior rate. Juniors are 18 and under. Senior and Junior rates are not honoured before 12 p.m. on Saturdays, Sundays and Holidays.
**9 Hole Rates are only available at the end of the day. Please contact the Pro-Shop for exact daily start times.
Parks, Forestry and Recreation collects personal information on this form under the legal authority of the City of Toronto Act, 2006, section 136(c) and Item PE20.1, City Council Decision 1, as confirmed by the City of Toronto By-law 640-2013. The information will be used to reserve bookings at City of Toronto golf courses, communicate with you regarding this booking, cancellations or no shows, communicate to inform about our future golf seasons and aggregate statistical reporting. Questions about this collection can be directed to the Manager, Parks Scarborough District & Golf Courses, Parks, Forestry and Recreation, 101 Ridgetop Road, Toronto Ontario, M1P 4W9 or by telephone at 416-395-6003.
You can also book by calling 416-392-2465.
To book a lesson with our PGA of Canada Professionals call 416-392-2465 ext.4.
Clinics are offered by City of Toronto’s golf partner, Golf Plus Marketing. Please register for activities at least one week before the start date. Payment is expected at the same time as registration. All applicable taxes are extra. Call 416-392-2465 for more information.
The Don River was named in 1793 by Lieutenant-Governor Simcoe after the River Don in Yorkshire, England. Crown Surveyor Alexander Aiken referred to the Don River as Necheng Qua Kekonk in September 1788, upon surveying the lands purchased from Aboriginal Peoples.
Wonscoteonoch, meaning “black burnt lands,” was another name used, probably signifying that the Don Valley had been swept by fire at one point.
Until its acquisition by Metro Toronto, the land around Don Valley and York Mills roads was owned by the City of Toronto and named after W. W. Carson, a prominent civic leader, long-time Hogg’s Hollow resident, and a son of the Jolly Miller Inn’s proprietor. In 1954, Hurricane Hazel’s impact severely altered the course of the West Don River at York Mills Road and demonstrated the need for a regionally coordinated watershed management strategy.
Metro purchased 65 hectares of Carson Park in February 1955, released one hectare for new road allowances, and proceeded with development of the Don Valley Golf Course. The golf course officially opened on August 1, 1956, at cost of $535,000 for land acquisition and course construction.
After more than 35 years of continuous use, much of the original golf course landscaping at Don Valley began to show its age. While vegetation in and around the course had become well-established, tees and greens were worn out and the irrigation system required replacement. In 1993, Metro Parks and Culture undertook an extensive restoration program for the golf course. The two-year program included improvements such as several hole realignments, the creation of a naturalized wetland water hazard and significant drainage and soil modifications to the tees and greens. Tees and greens were also enlarged to accommodate the level of play experienced at the course.