Nestled alongside the Highland Creek is north-east Toronto’s premier golf course. Tam O’Shanter provides a comfortable experience for golfers to learn the game, grow their abilities and sharpen their skills.
- Moderately difficult 18 hole
- Par 72 – 6083 yards
- Licensed restaurant
- Pro shop with rental equipment
- 3 accessible washrooms
- 123 car parking lot
|Type of Golfer||Monday to Friday||Weekends and Holidays|
|Adult – 18 hole||$52.00||$61.00|
|*Senior – 18 hole||$34.00||$38.50|
|*Junior – 18 hole||$30.50||$34.00|
|**Adult – 9 hole||$30.50||$33.00|
|**Senior – 9 hole||$19.00||$22.50|
|**Junior – 9 hole||$19.00||$22.50|
* Seniors are 60 yrs+ and must show proper ID to qualify for the Senior rate. Juniors are 18 and under. Senior and Junior rates are not honoured before 12 PM on Saturdays, Sundays and Holidays.
** 9 hole rates only apply during early morning hours off the back nine or off the front nine during evening hours. Early morning and evening hours vary; please ask when booking tee time.
- Adult – 18 hole: $36
- Adult – 9 hole: $24
- Adult Twilight: $24
- Senior – 18 hole: $34
- Senior – 9 hole: $22
- Senior Twilight: $22
Club Rentals (Pull Cart Included)
- 18 Hole: $25
- 9 Hole: $15
- Twilight: $15
- Pull Cart Only: $7
- Bag Only: $5
Book a tee time at Tam O’Shanter by booking online or calling 416-392-2547.
Important booking procedures:
- Tee times are accepted no more than 5 days in advance by phone or in person at each of the golf course Pro-shops.
- Only one reservation per phone call. Any more than one tee time booking is considered an organized grouping under tournament play and must be facilitated through the Professional staff at approved times only.
- Each tee time reservation requires a contact name including designation category, i.e. (Adult, Senior, Junior, junior member and including any discount coupons).
- Any Junior Golfer bookings between the ages of 7 and 10 must be accompanied by a paying adult (18 and over) on a 1 on 1 bases.
- No Caddy or spectators allowed on the golf courses during regular daily play.
To book a lesson with our PGA of Canada Professionals call 416-392-2547.
Private 1/2 hour lesson
- Adults $55/lesson or $200/series of 4 lessons
- Juniors $40/lesson or $140/series of 4 lessons
- Seniors $40/lesson or $140/series of 4 lessons
Adult Semi-private 1 hour lesson
- 2 golfers: $100
- 3 golfers: $130
- 4 golfers: $160
Junior Semi-private 1 hour lesson
- 2 golfers: $80
- 3 golfers: $90
- 4 golfers: $110
Clinics are offered by City of Toronto’s golf partner, Golf Plus Marketing. Each series includes four one-hour classes at $125 per person for Adults and $100 for Juniors, equipment included.
Please register for activities at least one week before the start date. Payment is expected at the same time as registration. All applicable taxes are extra.
In 1973, Metro Council approved the acquisition of 48.03 hectares of the former Tam O’Shanter Country Club by the Metropolitan Toronto and Region Conservation Authority for use as a public park.
Acquisition costs of $10,825,000 were shared by the Province of Ontario (40 per cent), Metro (38 per cent) and the former Borough of Scarborough (22 per cent). A 5.677-hectare parcel at the southeast corner is leased to the City of Scarborough for local park purposes. Tam O’Shanter Golf Course occupies the remaining 42.353 hectares.
Metro Parks and Culture undertook a comprehensive $1.17 million redevelopment of the golf course in 1980. Improvements included a new clubhouse, automated irrigation system and a revised course layout. More recently, additional course improvements such as modified tees and greens and landscape plantings have been added to increase the challenge of play.
Fling golf is now available. Fling golf is an exciting new sport played on a golf course with a fling stick and a golf ball. It’s scored the same way as golf, without having to carry clubs.
- $30.50/per person
- all week
- all ages
Tee time booking is limited. Check with the pro-shop.