Registration for fall recreation has begun. Learn more about fall recreation programs
Before going to any arena, outdoor rink or community centre, you must complete the Ontario Ministry of Health COVID-19 customer screening and if you do not pass the screening, you should not visit.
Skating – General Information has details on strollers on the ice, sledges, accessibility, natural ice rinks, safety, Grenadier Pond at High Park and skating on other open bodies of water.
What You Need to Know Before You Go
- Reservations are available to Toronto residents only.
- Reservations are encouraged. A small number of spots will be available for participants who are not able to make a reservation online.
- Outdoor leisure skate capacity is capped at a maximum of 25 skaters on the ice to ensure physical distancing requirements are met.
- Change rooms and lockers are unavailable. Participants are encouraged to arrive fully dressed for their skate.
- Wearing a mask/face covering is required while on and off the ice, waiting in line and in indoor public spaces, including the washrooms that are open in winter. Read more about Face and Mask Coverings and find out more about using City skating facilities during COVID-19.
- Hours of operation vary. Select a map pin or review the list of locations below for arena or rink status, select Reserve Now to view hours of operation.
How to Make a Reservation
- Make sure you have your family and client number(s). You can create an account for you and members of your family online. Find out more about how to get family and client numbers.
- Each Thursday at 8 a.m. a new block of reservations are released for the following week (Monday to Sunday). Toronto residents may make one reservation per day, per activity type and only for members of their household.
- Use the following map or list to find an arena or outdoor ice rink. You can search by using your own address, or the arena, park or outdoor rink name. Filter results by selecting a Location Type (indoor or outdoor) and by Activity Type.
- Select a map pin for arena or outdoor rink status and to find the Reserve Now button.
- Choose the Reserve Now button to find available reservation times. Once you have found a date and time you prefer, select Reserve.
- A new window will open in eFun. Select Add to add the activity to your cart, and log in to eFun using your family and client number.
- Select A Client from the dropdown to identify which member of your household you are making a reservation for, then choose Go to Checkout.
- Review the activity Details and select Complete. A waiver will open and you will need to Agree to the terms to complete the reservation. Waitlists are not kept or monitored for recreation reservations.
- After completing the reservation, take a screenshot or print the receipt to show on-site.
Reservations will be honoured for 5 minutes beyond the scheduled start time. Walk-ins are welcome if space is available.
For a better experience, reserve using a desktop or laptop device, and make sure your web browser is up-to-date.
What to Expect When You Arrive
Everyone must sign in when using an arena, outdoor rink or community centre. This includes:
- providing a first name
- providing an email address or phone number
- answering COVID-19 screening questions
This will help with Toronto Public Health contact tracing if it’s necessary.
Cancel a Reservation
Cancel a reservation online up to one day before the activity is scheduled.
- Log in to eFun using your family and client number.
- Select My Account from the top menu.
- Scroll down to view your scheduled activities and choose Withdraw to cancel a reservation. Select OK to confirm you want to withdraw from the activity and a Withdrawal Confirmation screen will open.
If you need to cancel your reservation the day of, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 416-396-7378, Monday to Friday between 8 a.m. and 5 p.m.