Toronto Parks, Forestry & Recreation offers garden plots for customers interested in planting vegetables or flowers. Plots are available at various locations across the city. An allotment garden permit cannot be transferred or willed or inherited.

View application, locations and fee information for Allotment Gardens.

RegistrationNew bookings for waitlist begins the first working day in February on a first come, first serve basis for outdoor plots. Riverlea Greenhouse will accept customers on the waitlist as of the first working day in August.

Etobicoke York District

  • Riverlea Greenhouse (Scarlett & The Westway) - Benches available winter months only (Oct-May)
  • West Dean Allotment (Martingrove & Rathburn)
  • Stouffel Allotment Garden (Martingrove & Dixon Rd.)

North York District

  • Jonesville Allotment (Victoria Pk. & Eglinton Ave)
  • Bishop Allotment (Bayview Ave. & Finch Ave)
  • Flemingdon Allotment (150 Grenoble Dr)
  • Four Winds Allotment (Keele Ave & Finch Ave)

Scarborough District

  • Daventry Allotment (Markham & Ellesmere)
  • Givendale Allotment (Kennedy & Lawrence)

Toronto & East York District

  • High Park Allotment (Bloor & Parkside Dr)
    In preparation for the Toronto 2015 Pan Am/Parpan Am games roadway and pathway resurfacing closures between 7 a.m. - 5 p.m. from June 2014 - October 2014 may impact accessibility to the allotments. High Park restrictions
  • Leslie Allotment (Leslie & Lakeshore)
  • Silverthorn Allotment (Weston & St Clair)

View information about Toronto Parks & Recreation Facilities.

Size: the City's Garden allotment sizes are approximately 10 x 20 feet.

Restrictions on residency in order to get an allotment garden

There is no restriction as to where you live in the City of Toronto relation to the allotment garden that you may apply for a permit for. To inquire how to get on the waiting list for an allotment garden you need to speak with staff on the Parks permit line.

If you have a maintenance concern for any of the City's allotment gardens, please contact 311 and you will be referred to the appropriate park supervisor.