2019 Commercial – Industrial Façade and Property Improvement Program
Applications for the 2019 Commercial – Industrial Façade and Property Improvement grant program are now being accepted. Subject to funding availability, applications will be accepted until Thursday May 2, 2019 or when funds are expended, whichever comes first.
What is the Commercial – Industrial Façade and Property Improvement Program?
The Program provides funding to commercial and industrial property owners to redesign, renovate or restore commercial or industrial building façades. The eligible improvements include, but are not limited to, brick cleaning, restoration, wheelchair accessibility, doors, signage, windows, lighting and masonry.
What are the benefits?
Improving the appearance of your building’s façade shows that you care about your property. In addition, your neighbourhood streetscape is improved. This provides a more welcoming environment to work, shop and live.
How is funding calculated?
Half of the cost of eligible improvements to commercial or industrial building façades is covered and will be based on the lowest contractor estimate submitted with the application. The minimum grant funding is $2,500 for $5,000 worth of improvements, with a maximum of $12,500 of $25,000 worth of improvements. Bonus funding up to $2,500 is available for $5,000 worth of accessibility improvements which meet AODA design standards.
Who is eligible?
- You must be the property owner or have the permission of the property owner
- Your building and property must be located in a Business Improvement Area (BIA)
- You must not owe outstanding taxes to the City
- You must not start your improvement project before the funding application is approved
- You must have not received the maximum façade improvement funding for your property in previous years.
How do I apply?
- Applicant contacts the City’s BIA Office to determine eligibility
- Applicant completes and submits application form
- City reviews the application
- City approves or declines the application
- City issues funding cheques to successful applicants upon completion of the agreed-upon work