The deadline to apply for Mail-in Voting has now passed. If you have applied you can check the status of your package.
The deadline to apply for Mail-in Voting has now passed. If you have applied to vote by mail, make sure that you follow the steps below and that you return your Mail-in Voting package by the deadline of 6 p.m. on January 15, 2021 to have your vote counted:
If you successfully applied to vote by mail by the deadline of 4 p.m. January 4, you will be sent a Mail-in Voting package which includes:
- A declaration form that MUST be signed in order for your vote to count
- An official Ballot for the Councillor Ward 22 Scarborough-Agincourt By-election
- A Ballot Secrecy Envelope
- A Yellow Return Envelope with pre-paid postage
Complete the following steps in order to have your vote count:
- Sign the Declaration Form, and insert into the Yellow Return Envelope
- Mark the Ballot, and put your marked Ballot into the Secrecy Envelope
- Insert the sealed Secrecy Envelope into the Yellow Return Envelope
- Return the Yellow Return Envelope, either by mail using the pre-paid envelope or hand deliver to one of the two drop-box locations beginning January 8:
- Stephen Leacock Seniors Community Centre
2520 Birchmount Road, Toronto
- L’Amoreaux Community Recreation Centre
2000 McNicoll Avenue, Toronto
All required return documents from your Mail-in Voting package, including your marked ballot and signed declaration, must be received by no later than 6 p.m. on January 15, 2021.
If you have applied to vote by mail and your application has been approved, you will be sent a Mail-in Voting package. We will be mailing out the packages in three phases:
- Applications that have been received and approved by December 16 will be mailed out on December 18.
- Applications that have been received and approved between December 17 and 4 p.m. on December 22, will be mailed out on December 23.
- Applications that have been received and approved by January 4, 2021, will be mailed out on January 5, 2021.
- Check the status of your Mail-in Voting package.