Grand Manitoba Park
Protecting your privacy is top priority for the City of Toronto. You are seeing this alert because your web browser needs to be updated to access content on toronto.ca. You will need to download and install a more recent version of your web browser to use our website.
The existing Grand Avenue Park is a one-hectare parcel of green space on the east side of Grand Avenue and north of the Metrolinx Lakeshore Rail corridor. The City acquired additional land next to Grand Avenue Park to create a new, approximately five-hectare (12 acres), park. The working title for the design of the new park is Grand Manitoba Park.
Phase 1 construction is anticipated to start early 2019 with completion early 2020.
The new park design is an ideal opportunity to provide a creative vision for a major park and was created in consultation with the local community and general public (see Consultation section below).
The new park:
- Integrates city and community recreation and leisure needs.
- Addresses community-based issues.
- Reflects sustainable and environmentally sound landscape design and management.
Phase 1 Improvements – Public Information Meeting
- Date: Wednesday, June 13, 2018
- Time: 6:30 p.m. to 8 p.m.
- Location: George R. Gauld Junior School at 200 Melrose Street, Etobicoke
This meeting/workshop will:
- Review recommendations from the Grand Ave Park master plan
- Review preliminary ideas for Phase 1 Improvements
- Discuss priorities for Phase 1 Park Improvements
- Discuss next steps
Everyone is welcome to attend. Councillor Mark Grimes from Ward 6 will be in attendance.
ASL interpreters may be provided, if available. Please contact 311 in advance of this meeting if interpreter is needed.
Local residents, recreation clubs, and park user groups had opportunities to review and provide comment as the Grand Manitoba Park design evolved.
- June 12, 2017 – Community Walk #2 Summary
- June 8, 2017 – Grand Ave Community Meeting #4 Summary
- February 28, 2017 – Grand Ave Community Meeting #3 Summary
- December 7, 2016 – Grand Ave Community Meeting #2 Summary
- October 29, 2016 – Community Walk Feedback
- October 24, 2016 – Grand Ave Community Meeting #1 Summary
- March 1 to May 31, 2016 – Resident Survey Results