Grand Manitoba Park
The existing Grand Avenue Park is a one-hectare parcel of green space on the east side of Grand Avenue and north of the Metrolinx Lakeshore Rail corridor. The City acquired additional land next to Grand Avenue Park to create a new, approximately five-hectare (12 acres), park. The working title for the design of the new park is Grand Manitoba Park.
Phase 1 construction is anticipated to start in Fall 2018 with completion in Fall 2019.
The new park design is an ideal opportunity to provide a creative vision for a major park and was created in consultation with the local community and general public (see Consultation section below).
The new park:
- Integrates city and community recreation and leisure needs.
- Addresses community-based issues.
- Reflects sustainable and environmentally sound landscape design and management.
Detailed design for the first phase of proposed park improvements will begin spring 2018. Community consultation will provide input into the park design.
Local residents, recreation clubs, and park user groups had opportunities to review and provide comment as the Grand Manitoba Park design evolved.
- June 12, 2017 – Community Walk #2 Summary
- June 8, 2017 – Grand Ave Community Meeting #4 Summary
- February 28, 2017 – Grand Ave Community Meeting #3 Summary
- December 7, 2016 – Grand Ave Community Meeting #2 Summary
- October 29, 2016 – Community Walk Feedback
- October 24, 2016 – Grand Ave Community Meeting #1 Summary
- March 1 to May 31, 2016 – Resident Survey Results