Park & Recreation Facility Planning & Construction
A city builds parks and recreation facilities so its people can build community.
Investing in the right parks and facilities at the right times and in the right places ensures our city is meeting the needs of its residents now and for future generations.
New parks and recreation facilities in planning or under construction.
- Beare Hill Park: Plans are underway to transform the Beare Road Landfill site into Beare Hill Park.
- Bessarion Community Centre: A new multi-use community facility in North York
- Canoe Landing Community Facility: A multi-use community facility will be built next to Canoe Landing Park.
- Don Mills Community Recreation Facility Planning: The City is engaging residents and stakeholders on a recommended approach for planning new recreation facilities along the Don Mills corridor.
- Dr. Lillian McGregor Park: A new 1.6-acre park at 25 Wellesley Street West.
- East Bayfront Community Recreation Centre: a new recreation centre at the base of Parliament Street.
- McCowan District Park: A 20 acre (8 hectares) former works yard in the area of McCowan Road, south of Eglinton Avenue in Toronto’s Scarborough District.
- New Park at 19 Glen Agar Drive: A new 989.5m2 (0.09 hectares) park is being designed at the location of a former school.
- New Park at 318 Queens Quay: A new waterfront park will be built on the site of a parking lot.
- New Park at Dufferin and Peel: A green space for west end residents will also be a welcome resting spot for cyclists using the Rail Path.
- North East Scarborough Community and Child Care Centre: A new multi-use community center, including a childcare facility, in Joyce Trimmer Park
- One Yonge Street Community Centre: A new 51,000 sq.ft. recreation facility
- Ranleigh Park: A new park is proposed at 100 Ranleigh Avenue.
- Western North York Community Centre: A new proposed 77,000 sq.ft recreation centre at 60 Starview Lane
- York Street Park: A new park at the foot of York Street the site of the for Gardiner off-ramp
Current renovation, revitalization, and state-of-good-repair projects in parks and recreation facilities.
- New Park Next to Albert Campbell Square
- Alexandra Park Outdoor Pool
- Art Eggleton Park Improvements
- Baselands Trails, Tommy Thompson Park
- Broadlands Community Centre
- Chester Springs Improvements
- Chorley Park Trail Connection
- College Park
- Coronation Park – Heritage Park Improvements
- David Crombie Park Revitalization Design
- Dufferin Grove Park
- Glasgow Street Parkette Streetscape and Improvements
- Grand Manitoba Park
- Humber Bay Shores Park – Trail Improvements
- June Callwood Park Revitalization
- Langford Parkette and Logan Greenfield Improvements
- Lower Don Trail Improvements
- Mary McCormick Community Centre
- Monsignor Fraser College – Annex Campus
- Moorevale Park Revitalization
- Moss Park Redevelopment
- North Toronto Memorial Community Centre Improvements
- Queen’s Park North Improvements
- Ramsden Park Revitalization
- Riverdale Park East: North-East Quadrant Revitalization
- Sergeant Ryan Russell Parkette Improvements
- St. James Park Improvements
- Sumach-Shuter Parkette Improvements
- Upper Highland Creek Access Improvements – Connecting Gatineau Trail with Morningside Park
- Wallace Emerson Park and Community Centre: Reimagine Galleria
- Withrow Park Artificial Ice Rink Rehabilitation
Management plans, master plans and other strategies under development for specific parks and recreation facilities.