Park & Recreation Facility Planning & Construction
A city builds parks and recreation facilities so its people can build community.
Investing in the right parks and facilities at the right times and in the right places ensures our city is meeting the needs of its residents now and for future generations.
New parks and recreation facilities in planning or under construction.
- Beare Hill Park: Plans are underway to transform the Beare Road Landfill site into Beare Hill Park.
- Bessarion Community Centre: A new multi-use community facility in North York
- Canoe Landing Community Facility: A multi-use community facility will be built next to Canoe Landing Park.
- Dr. Lillian McGregor Park: A new 1.6-acre park at 25 Wellesley Street West.
- McCowan District Park: A 20 acre (8 hectares) former works yard in the area of McCowan Road, south of Eglinton Avenue in Toronto’s Scarborough District.
- New Park at 19 Glen Agar Drive: A new 989.5m2 (0.09 hectares) park is being designed at the location of a former school.
- New Park at 318 Queens Quay: A new waterfront park will be built on the site of a parking lot.
- New Park at Dufferin and Peel: A green space for west end residents will also be a welcome resting spot for cyclists using the Rail Path.
- Ranleigh Park: A new park is proposed at 100 Ranleigh Avenue.
Current renovation, revitalization, and state-of-good-repair projects in parks and recreation facilities.
- New Park Next to Albert Campbell Square
- Baselands Trails, Tommy Thompson Park
- Chorley Park Trail Connection
- College Park
- Coronation Park – Heritage Park Improvements
- David Crombie Park Revitalization Design
- Dufferin Grove Park
- Glasgow Street Parkette Streetscape and Improvements
- Grand Manitoba Park
- Humber Bay Shores Park – Trail Improvements
- June Callwood Park Revitalization
- Langford Parkette and Logan Greenfield Improvements
- Lower Don Trail Improvements
- Monsignor Fraser College – Annex Campus
- Moss Park Redevelopment
- North Toronto Memorial Community Centre Improvements
- Queen’s Park North Improvements
- Ramsden Park Revitalization
- Riverdale Park East: North-East Quadrant Revitalization
- St. James Park Improvements
- Upper Highland Creek Access Improvements – Connecting Gatineau Trail with Morningside Park
- Wallace Emerson Park and Community Centre: Reimagine Galleria
- Withrow Park Artificial Ice Rink Rehabilitation
Management plans, master plans and other strategies under development for specific parks and recreation facilities.