Residential Garbage Collection
Protecting your privacy is top priority for the City of Toronto. You are seeing this alert because your web browser needs to be updated to access content on toronto.ca. You will need to download and install a more recent version of your web browser to use our website.
All items must be set out at curbside on your scheduled collection night after 6 p.m. and before 9 p.m. Set out times apply to both bin and bag tag collection.
- Each bin/bag/item cannot weigh more than 20 kg (44 lbs) or it will not be collected. Ties/bungee cords must be completely removed before collection. All items must fit in the appropriate bins and the lids must closed for collection.
- Access to the bins/bags must not be blocked by parked cars, ice/snow, bulky furniture or other containers on the night of collection.
- Recycling: Put items in loose and not bagged (except for shredded paper). Do not line Blue Bin with a plastic bag.
- Organics: Line either your indoor container or outdoor Green Bin. Use a plastic bag or kraft bag for either container. Do not line both. No special plastic or biodegradable bag is needed.
- Metal and oversized items can be left next to your garbage bin for free regular pick up, without tags or special arrangements.
- Electronic equipment is collected at curbside
To report an issue, contact 311.