Declaration of Multiple Surplus Properties
Protecting your privacy is top priority for the City of Toronto. You are seeing this alert because your web browser needs to be updated to access content on toronto.ca. You will need to download and install a more recent version of your web browser to use our website.
NOTICE is hereby given that in accordance with the City of Toronto’s real estate disposal by-law, the following properties were declared surplus:
1. On November 3, 2017, a parcel of vacant land within the property located at 43 Millwood Road, being Part of Lot 23 on Plan 284 and shown as Part 1 on Sketch No. PS-2017-068. The parcel has a total area of approximately 292 m2 ± (861 ft2 ±). The City proposes to convey Part 1 to the Toronto District School Board for nominal sum, conditional on the City and the Toronto District School Board entering into a land lease for a proposed Recreation Facility at 43 Millwood Road.
2. On November 3, 2017, the legal description of the 1117 Dundas Street West property, being Part of Lots 2-4, Plan 599 and parts of Lots 20-22, Plan 371, designated as Parts 1 and 2 on Plan 64R-16052, was revised to exclude the Public Lane which is designated as Part 2 on Plan 64R-16052. The revised property description has a total area of approximately 1441.3.3 m2 ± (15,514 ft2 ±).
3. On December 4, 2017, a parcel of vacant land abutting 68 Daisy Avenue, being Part of Lot 116 on Plan 1572 and shown as Part 1 on Sketch No. PS-2017-103. The parcel has a total area of approximately 290 m2 ± (3,132 ft2 ±). The City proposes to invite an offer to purchase or enter into a long term lease with the Vincent Massey Child Care & Nursery School Operator.
4. On December 7, 2017, portion of 80 Dale Avenue, being Part of Lot 15, Concession D, Scarborough, designated as Part 7 on Plan 66R-29604. The parcel has a total area of approximately 375.8 m2 ± (4045.2 ft2 ±). The City proposes to enter into an exchange of land with Build Toronto, conditional upon the completion of the transfer of Part 6 on Plan 66R-29604 to Build Toronto.
5. On August 23, 2017, portion of Jethro Road, shown as Part 1 on Sketch No. PS-2017-031, portion of Adele Avenue, shown as Part 2 on Sketch No. PS-2017-031 and a 0.3 metre reserve strip and two parcels of vacant land, shown as Parts 3, 4 and 5 on Sketch No. PS-2017-031. The City proposes to invite an offer to purchase these parcels from the adjoining owner, Ringley Construction Ltd.
6. On October 27, 2017, part of a public lane adjacent to 61 Cleveland Street, shown as Part 1 on Sketch No. PS-2016-060, conditional upon City Council approving the permanent closure of the said portion of the public lane. The property has a total area of approximately 13.7 m2 ± (147.5 ft2 ±). The City proposes to invite an offer to purchase Part 1 from the adjoining owner of 61 Cleveland Street.
7. On December 4, 2017, public lane known as Rodega Lane, conditional on City Council approving the permanent closure of Rodega Lane. The public lane has a total area of approximately 135.4 m2 ± (1,457.5 ft2 ±). The City proposes to invite an offer to purchase the public lane from the adjoining owner of 65 King Street East.
8. On December 4, 2017, a strata portion of the City-owned parcel of land located at 30 Merchants’ Wharf, being Part of Block 3 on 66M-2514, designated as Parts 2 & 3 on 66R-28259. The strata portion has a total area of approximately 8250 m2 ± (88,802.3 ft2 ±). The City proposes to enter into a long term lease of fifty (50) years less a day with Toronto Artscape Inc. for affordable housing purposes.
The following City official has information about the proposed dispositions: Mrs. Melanie Hale-Carter, Tel: 416-392-1227, Fax: 416-392-1880, Metro Hall, 55 John Street, 2nd floor, Toronto, Ontario M5V 3C6. Enquiries may be made of the said official until the 25th day of January, 2018.
Dated this 12th day of January, 2018
Ulli S. Watkiss