Urgent Services in Toronto
A very small number of women may have very serious symptoms.
- Not able to sleep or eat for over two days
- Unable or unwilling to care for herself or baby
- Bizarre thinking or behaviours
- Hearing voices telling her to do something
- Seeing things that are not there
- Withdrawn from all social interactions
- Expressing “my baby would be better off without me”
These symptoms can be scary to you and your partner and need urgent attention. It may be difficult to talk about your thoughts and feelings but a doctor or a nurse can support you with getting the help that you need. Contact your doctor, visit the nearest emergency department or call 911 if you notice any of these signs.
The sooner you get help, the better you will feel.