Child Development Agency Providers
Agency providers play an important role in the success of a child’s development.
Toronto Public Health’s Early Years program would like to partner with you in supporting families living in Toronto by promoting:
- healthy child development
- early identification of children aged birth to six years at risk for poor developmental outcomes
- referrals to programs and services
Partnering with Your Agency
- We can provide workshops on healthy child development to assist you with supporting families who are concerned about their child’s development.
Developmental Screening Clinics
- We can support you in developing and delivering child development screening clinics.
- We can partner with you to set up NutriSTEP® screening clinics at your agency.
- NutriSTEP® Screening Clinics will help you to:
- Identify children at nutritional risk.
- Provide nutrition information to parents with children 18 months to five years of age.
- Improve the overall developmental health of preschool children in your community.
- Strengthen your partnerships with Toronto Public Health and other community agencies.
- Order a NutriSTEP® checklist.
If you have staff trained in NutriSTEP®, you can submit a request to receive original copies of the NutriSTEP® checklist by completing the online order form.
Agency providers play a vital role in the success of a child’s development.
- Use parent and professional child developmental tools:
18 Month Well Baby Visit
- Encourage parents/caregivers to complete a free, online 18-Month Visit Planner tool to make a personalized plan to help discuss their child’s developmental health with their health care provider at The Enhanced 18-month Well-Baby Visit.
- For promotional posters and for Toronto specific information and referral sources for children, visit the Toronto Early Childhood and Family Resource System.
- Refer to CITYKIDS.
- Use the On Track Guide.