Child Development Agency Providers
Protecting your privacy is top priority for the City of Toronto. You are seeing this alert because your web browser needs to be updated to access content on toronto.ca. You will need to download and install a more recent version of your web browser to use our website.
Agency providers play an important role in the success of a child’s development.
Toronto Public Health’s Early Years program would like to partner with you in supporting families living in Toronto by promoting:
- Healthy child development
- Early identification of children aged birth to 6 years at risk for poor developmental outcomes
- Referrals to programs and services
Partnering with Your Agency
- We can provide workshops on healthy child development to assist you with supporting families who are concerned about their child’s development.
Developmental Screening Clinics
- We can support you in developing and delivering child development screening clinics.
- We can partner with you to set up NutriSTEP® screening clinics at your agency.
- NutriSTEP® Screening Clinics will help you to:
- Identify children at nutritional risk
- Provide nutrition information to parents with children 18 months to 5 years of age
- Improve the overall developmental health of preschool children in your community
- Strengthen your partnerships with Toronto Public Health and other community agencies
- Order a NutriSTEP® checklist
If you have staff trained in NutriSTEP®, you can submit a request to receive original copies of the NutriSTEP® checklist by completing the online order form.
Agency providers play a vital role in the success of a child’s development.
- Use parent and professional child developmental tools:
18 Month Well Baby Visit
- Encourage parents/caregivers to complete a free, online 18-Month Visit Planner tool to make a personalized plan to help discuss their child’s developmental health with their health care provider at The Enhanced 18-month Well-Baby Visit.
- For promotional posters and for Toronto specific information and referral sources for children, visit the Toronto Early Childhood and Family Resource System.
- Refer to CITYKIDS.
- Use the On Track Guide.