Serious Occurrence & Incident Reporting
Protecting your privacy is top priority for the City of Toronto. You are seeing this alert because your web browser needs to be updated to access content on toronto.ca. You will need to download and install a more recent version of your web browser to use our website.
Licensed child care
Serious Occurrence reporting
All licensed child care programs located in the City of Toronto are required to report Serious Occurrences as outlined in the Child Care and Early Years Act (CCEYA). Reporting requirements can be found on the Ministry of Education’s website.
- Operators must report online using the Ministry of Education’s Child Care Licensing System (CCLS)
- All serious occurrence reports will automatically be forwarded to Toronto Children’s Services when entered into the CCLS
- A Toronto Children’s Services Consultant may follow up with an operator if necessary
City-funded child & family programs, summer day programs and After-School Recreation Care programs
Serious incident reporting
- City-funded child & family programs, summer day programs, and After-School Recreation Care Programs are required to report any serious incidents to the Toronto Serious Incident Line at 416-397-7359.
- Serious incidents need to be reported within 24 hours of the occurrence by calling the the Toronto Serious Incident Line at 416-397-7359 between the hours of 8:30 am and 4:30 pm, Monday through Friday.
- After hours, weekends and government holidays please call 416-397-7359 and press “0” when prompted, or call 416-397-9200 directly to be connected to a Toronto Children’s Services Consultant.