Serious Occurrence & Incident Reporting
Licensed Child Care
All licensed child care programs located in the City of Toronto are required to report Serious Occurrences as outlined in the Child Care and Early Years Act (CCEYA). Reporting requirements can be found on the Ministry of Education’s website.
- Operators must report online using the Ministry of Education’s Child Care Licensing System (CCLS).
- All serious occurrence reports will automatically be forwarded to Toronto Children’s Services when entered into the CCLS.
- A Toronto Children’s Services Consultant may follow up with an operator if necessary.
EarlyON Child and Family Centres
Serious Occurrences must be reported to Toronto Children’s Services within 24 hours using the City of Toronto Serious Occurrence Line, 416-397-7359. The Serious Occurrence line will be staffed to receive calls between the hours of 8:30 a.m. and 4:30 p.m., Monday through Friday, excluding Government Holidays.
Callers to the Serious Occurrence line after hours, weekends and on Government holidays will receive a voice message directing them to call 416-397-9200. Calls will be automatically forwarded to a designated Consultant who will respond to the call and provide direction or follow up advice to the caller.
Summer Day Programs, After-School Recreation Care Programs & School Board Operated Extended Day Programs
- Summer Day Programs, After-School Recreation Care Programs and school board operated Extended Day Programs are required to report any serious incidents to the Toronto Serious Incident Line at 416-397-7359.
- Serious incidents need to be reported within 24 hours of the occurrence by calling the the Toronto Serious Incident Line at 416-397-7359 between the hours of 8:30 a.m. and 4:30 p.m., Monday through Friday.
- After hours, weekends and government holidays please call 416-397-7359 and press “0” when prompted, or call 416-397-9200 directly to be connected to a Toronto Children’s Services Consultant.