Training Opportunities for Social Housing Providers
Shelter, Support and Housing Administration offers various training opportunities, which are outlined below.
To Register for a Course
- Complete the registration form. If filling out electronically, be sure to download and save the form on your computer first. For the course you select, choose two training dates (if available) from the schedule. You will be enrolled in your second choice in the event that your first one is full.
- If you have any questions about registering, please call us at 416-392-4126.
- Your registration will be confirmed.
ONPHA’s online “ABCs of RGI” course is the required training for new housing provider staff responsible for RGI administration. The online program is offered four times per year and is tailored to Toronto’s local context and rules. Participants will have two months to complete the approximately twenty-hour course.
A reduced rate is available to all Toronto housing providers: $210 plus HST for ONPHA housing members and co-ops, and $300 plus HST for non-profits who are not ONPHA members.
The course is offered four times per year and enrollment is completed online. Before enrolling in the course, you will be required to have or set up an account with ONPHA, and use the username and password provided to register for the course.
Click the links below for course information and registration instructions for:
This course is mandatory for new staff. It focuses on how to manage the applicant selection process using the Centralized Waiting List.
The course includes hands-on training with Housing Connections’ Web Vacancy Management System in a computer lab setting. The training will incorporate practical examples. In preparation for the course, we suggest you review Chapter 8 of the RGI Administration Manual prior to this session.
Please note that all participants will be required to complete a written test at the end of the training session. The passing mark is 75 per cent. A certificate of attendance will be sent to those who pass the test. Participants who do not pass will be required to re-take the training.
Summer/Fall 2018 Schedule
- Wednesday, August 15, 9 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Tuesday, September 11, 9 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Wednesday, October 17, 9 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Workshops are held at the Toronto Public Service Learning Centre, now located on the 3rd floor at Metro Hall, 55 John St.
See Registration link above to register.
Shelter, Support & Housing Administration and Toronto Fire present a free workshop for property managers.
- Do you have an up to date, approved Fire Safety Plan?
- Are you documenting and logging information correctly?
- Are there gaps in your fire safety practices? How can these be remedied?
- What can you do to improve fire safety and emergency preparedness in your buildings?
Watch here for upcoming workshop information.