Caring for your teeth, gums and dentures is important for your oral, dental and overall health. Find useful tips and resources on this page.
Dental Care Checklist:
- Do you brush your teeth at least once a day?
- Make sure you use a soft brush to gently clean all surfaces – the front, back and chewing surfaces.
- Do you floss daily?
- Flossing cleans the surfaces between the teeth, where your toothbrush can’t get.
- Every three to four months, you should replace your soft toothbrush with a new one.
- If you have complete or partial dentures:
- Give your gums a rest and take the dentures out at night.
- Give your dentures a gentle scrub to clean them and let them soak in warm water.
- Give your gums a gentle massage by brushing them gently too.
- See a dentist regularly for checkups and cleaning.
Gum and Periodontal disease is preventable with daily flossing and brushing, regular visits to the dentist and professional dental cleanings.
Denture Care Instructions