Caring for Your Teeth, Gums and Dentures
Caring for your teeth, gums and dentures is important for your oral, dental, and overall health. Find useful tips and resources on this page.
Dental Care Checklist:
- Do you brush your teeth at least once a day?
- Make sure you use a soft brush to gently clean all surfaces – the front, back and chewing surfaces
- Do you floss daily?
- Flossing cleans the surfaces between the teeth, where your toothbrush can’t get
- Every three to four months, you should replace your soft toothbrush, with a new one
- If you have complete or partial dentures:
- Give your gums a rest and take the dentures out at night
- Give your dentures a gentle scrub to clean them, and let them soak in warm water
- Give your gums a gentle massage by brushing them gently too
- See a dentist regularly for checkups and cleaning
Gum and Periodontal disease is preventable with daily flossing and brushing, regular visits to the dentist, and professional dental cleanings.