Designated & Statutory Holidays
Protecting your privacy is top priority for the City of Toronto. You are seeing this alert because your web browser needs to be updated to access content on toronto.ca. You will need to download and install a more recent version of your web browser to use our website.
The following is a list of the 2018 designated and statutory holidays for members of the Toronto Public Service.
- New Year’s Day – Monday, January 1, 2018
- Family Day – Monday, February 19, 2018
- Good Friday – Friday, March 30, 2018
- Easter Monday – Monday, April 2, 2018
- Victoria Day – Monday, May 21, 2018
- Canada Day (Sunday, July 1) will be observed on Monday, July 2, 2018 *
- Simcoe (Civic) Day – Monday, August 6, 2018
- Labour Day – Monday, September 3, 2018
- Thanksgiving Day – Monday, October 8, 2018
- Remembrance Day – Sunday, November 11, 2018 *
- Christmas Day – Tuesday, December 25, 2018
- Boxing Day – Wednesday, December 26, 2018
- New Year’s Day (2019) – Tuesday, January 1, 2019
Please note, some facilities are open and services are provided on statutory holidays. For more information, contact 311.
* When a designated holiday falls on a Saturday or Sunday (with the exception of Remembrance Day), the City of Toronto designates an alternative day as the day of observance of the holiday. As Remembrance Day falls on a Sunday, the City of Toronto is not required to designate an alternative weekday as a day of observance of this holiday.