Contact the Licence & Permit Issuing Office for information on how to apply for the following licences:


Category Definition
Rental Car Business Businesses that rent out vehicles to the public for personal use or moving items
Temporary Sign Providers Businesses that apply for, manage, and monitor temporary signs.
Circuses A circus is a show or performance involving one or more of the following: clowns, acrobats, trained animals, musicians, dancers, hoopers, tightrope walkers, jugglers, musicians and stunt oriented artists. Food can also be sold for consumption. It can be held in a temporary or permanent location.
Public Halls and Banquet Halls Businesses that rent out their premises for dances and parties. If the location has a valid liquor licence, a licence is not required.
Drivers of Food Trucks and Ice Cream Trucks Any driver of a food or ice cream trucks.
Private School Bus or School Transportation Drivers Any driver that uses a bus or vehicle to transport children to school privately.
Buskers & Sidewalk Performers Buskers play music or otherwise perform for voluntary donations in the street. Examples of buskers are: singers, jugglers and mimes. Applicants must complete application form.
Sidewalk (Chalk) Artist Chalk artists create drawings on the sidewalk for voluntary donations in the street. Applicants must complete the application form.
Portrait Artist Individuals that make and sell on-site portraits.
Traveling Salesperson (Non-Resident) A person who has not resided in the City of Toronto for the past three months that sells items to the public.
Chimney Repairman  A person or business that repairs chimneys.
Driveway Paving Contractor A person or business who repaves residential and commercial driveways.
Second Hand Goods Collector with Vehicle Businesses the collect secondhand items with a vehicle on City streets.

For application information for common businesses and professions visit Permits & Licences.