Toronto is in a province-wide shutdown and subject to a Stay-at-Home order. Only take out, drive through or delivery is permitted. Visit COVID-19: Guidance for Food Premises for more information.

There are two types of licences for businesses that sell food. The main difference between the two is whether or not there is a seating area located in the establishment.

Restaurants, Cafes, Bars & Pubs

Restaurants, cafes, bars, pubs and other eating and drinking establishments with seating.

Grocery, Convenience & Other Retail Stores

Grocery convenience and other retail stores that sell food with no seating.