- Q: Can I apply for other summer jobs or full-time positions with Parks, Forestry and Recreation or other City of Toronto divisions?
- A: Yes. For information about summer jobs or full-time employment opportunities in Parks, Forestry and Recreation and other City divisions, visit Human Resources at toronto.ca/employment. You can apply for positions such as arborist, gardener and facility maintenance staff.
- Q: What type of recreation positions are offered?
- A: We offer part-time culture and recreation jobs working with children, youth, adults and seniors. You can work in various program areas, including aquatics, arts and culture, camps, community programs, fitness and wellness and sports.
Jobs are located across the city in community centres, parks, pools, arenas and city-owned museums and cultural centres.
- Q: Are all the same positions offered in each of the four districts?
- A: No. Not all positions are available in each district or every season. View the job descriptions for more information.
- Q: What is the deadline to apply?
- A: Deadline for Summer positions is February 1.
Deadline for Fall, Winter and Spring positions is August 1.
- Q: Do you accept applications after the deadline?
- A: No. Only applications submitted by the deadline will be considered. After the deadline, check out Current Hot Jobs to see if we have any current vacancies.
- Q: I want to apply for more than one position. Can I fill out one application form?
- A: No. Complete one application form for each position that you are applying for. Applications submitted with multiple positions or one position in more than one district will not be accepted.
- Q: Should I attach a resume and cover letter to my application form?
- A: Yes. Each application form should have a resume and cover letter attached which describes your qualifications in relation to the qualifications required. Only qualified applicants will be considered.
- Q: Will I be contacted or receive notification that you have received my application?
- A: No. We thank all those who apply, however, only applicants who have been selected for an interview will be contacted.
- Q: Who can I talk to if I have additional questions?
- A: For further information, call the Hiring Now Hotline at 416-338-JOBS (5627).
- Q: What is a Hot Job?
- A: Outside of the regular recruitment periods, jobs become available and need to be filled immediately. These positions are posted under Current Hot Jobs.