This 92 hectare park along the banks of the Humber river between Finch and Steeles Avenues was named Rowntree Mills Park in 1969 in honour of Joseph Rowntree. Joseph Rowntree was pioneer in north Etobicoke village of Thistletown and established two mills on the banks of the Humber River. In 1843 he built a sawmill on the east bank of the river. Five years later, he built a grist mill on the west bank. His mills were known as the ""Greenholme Mills"" and operated until the end of the nineteenth century.